Retro gamers unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro gamers unite!

No posts in this thread for almost 2 months?

Hell, I got my first ZX Spectrum + in 1985, when I was 10, and the template was set for the next 5 years, until I upgraded to an Amiga 500.

I picked up an Xbox 360 at launch, and none of the games (save Oblivion) has anything innovitive or fresh to offer save HD graphics. Perversely, one of the most popular features of Live is the downloading of old games.

Anybody else agree that the days of the small coding team lead to a great deal of imagination and vision? Manic Miner, Head over Heels, Gregory Loses his Clock, Speedball 2; will we ever have a golden age like that again? Watching the recent E3 videos for the games coming out in the next year, it looks like the answer is a rather depressing 'no'.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    Marcel Proust

i started with the 48k speccy and a cassette loading game system
    then the c64 and on too my 360
    got mine before launch day(perks of the job)
    games are ok and some especially callof duty 2 are great and condemned is a real hoot.
    Laugh and the world laughs with you, Sneeze and it's goodbye Seattle.

Comment

Yes, the Spectrum certainly made an impact. If a game does not take 5 minutes to load, give me an R TAPE LOADING ERROR and feature colour clash, it's just not right!

Fair point on Condemned. I got that at launch, and the level set in the deserted department store was pure genius...especially when 'they' suddenly started to move and come shambling towards you.
      The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
      Marcel Proust

Comment

yeah condemned was great a guy i work with can't play it he's too scared

best game on c64 saboteur
        on spec 48k harrier attack
        great retro gamers united
        on subject of retro games on new consoles my psp is filled with snes and mega drive titles
        Laugh and the world laughs with you, Sneeze and it's goodbye Seattle.

Comment

Working...
        X