My favourite toy gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favourite toy gun

I cant remember the name and it could have been 68or 69 as opposed to 70's, but there was a pistol called something like Seckedin which you could fill with dried peas ! Pure pleasure and they sure stung ! Anyone go a better memory than me on the name....??

Re: My favourite toy gun

I'm no expert but from what I've learnt from my time here on DYR I'd say you mean Sekiden Gun

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...hlight=Sekiden
    Heather

Comment

It has to be Secret Sam. It was a gun inside a briefcase. On the side of the briefcase was a button. Press it and a bullet was fired out of a small hole on the side of the briefcase. Open the briefcase and the gun could be removed and also inside were parts to add a shoulder stock, barrel and periscope to the gun. As well as firing a plastic bullet, it would also fire a dart, inside which you could hide a message on a piece of paper. I would guess this would have been sold around 1970.

Comment

My brother had a Sekeden gun - he also had a Johnny Seven
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

My favourite was my Airfix FN SLR rifle, it fired plastic bullets which loaded in the magazine and had a bayonet.

(not my photo)

Used to have many a great game of "War" over the common with that!

Comment

I had an SLR as well. I couldn't remember it was made by Airfix. Pretty sure I got it for my birthday from Woolworths.

I had a machine gun patterned on an M60 or maybe GPMG. It had a belt of simulated ammo and when you fired it, the belt would turn. It also had a bipod.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
              My favourite was my Airfix FN SLR rifle, it fired plastic bullets which loaded in the magazine and had a bayonet.

(not my photo)

Used to have many a great game of "War" over the common with that!
              I had one of these as well. You actually loaded the magazine with those silver plastic shells. Wow it was brilliant !

It lasted about a week in my case and then stopped working.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1506584541623550992297.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	262135

Still available. I bought this for my brother's 60th birthday.
                Attached Files

Comment

I had one of these and the Tommy gun as well.

Comment

My brother also had a gold Luger
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Sekiden gun!
                      I had a standard one, a gold one, and one with a silencer!...it didn't silence anything as it pushed into the barrel but the pellets came out from below the barrel

i think I also had an Adam Adamant Sword stick and a John Steed Walking stick that turned into a spud gun

Comment

Originally posted by Diver1 View Post
                        Sekiden gun!
                        I had a standard one, a gold one, and one with a silencer!...it didn't silence anything as it pushed into the barrel but the pellets came out from below the barrel

i think I also had an Adam Adamant Sword stick and a John Steed Walking stick that turned into a spud gun

I'm so jealous of that Adam Adamant sword stick I had no idea that the series had generated one of those as merchandise.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                          I'm so jealous of that Adam Adamant sword stick I had no idea that the series had generated one of those as merchandise.

https://murdersville.co.uk/museum/ad...t-sword-stick/

glad to be of service.....doesn't look like it lasted long though

Comment

Back in the sixties I had a toy rifle , looked real - metal with wooden handle thingy . Anyways you had to bend it in half to **** it then it went off with a real bang . Bonus was that if you out oil in the special hole in the side it SMOKED !!

It's only failing was it was so damned heavy when everyone else had plastic guns and rifles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Diver1 View Post
                              https://murdersville.co.uk/museum/ad...t-sword-stick/

glad to be of service.....doesn't look like it lasted long though

Thanks very much. It also fires corks and comes with a ring...brill. I suppose there won't be many still knocking around given they were not sold for long.

Comment

Working...
                              X