Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What was your first mobile phone?

This is my first Mobile (Sony CM-R111), still in its box:

It was on Cellnet and I got it in 1994 (I think). It was quite small for the time (especially compared to the suitcase "field radio" things my bro had in the 80s) and a fun phone, except there was no screen so you even had to remember which numbers you'd put where on speed-dial!

Comment

Try having this for a first phone - http://www.wikinoticia.com/images/gi...35-640x480.jpg
      Actually, it was pretty funny. It came with a watch which lit-up when I received calls / texts.

Comment

I have had three mobiles 1. Orange paygo motorola about 3/4 inch thick.
        Then I took a break from mp's
        2. Orange paygo Samsung 1/2 inch thick
        Took about 3 yr break from mobys
        3. Orange paygo Nokia 1/4 inch thick
        I still have it buried somewhere in the house... I really ought to recharge it for emergencies in my car!

Comment

Justfound mine, Bosch 509e dual

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Bosch_509e_Dual__87210
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Just found this which coincidentally is from my local Uni. May jog some memories.

http://www.cntr.salford.ac.uk/comms/mobile.php
            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Wow Thanks for finding this info packed site - My old phone does TXT & CALLS and that is all I need - no pictures, my old Motorolla (still on line) will get signals anywhere unlike all my mates new phones !!! and new phones, well, they are not as clear to read, resolution is an issue!

Comment

Mine was a Vodafone MN-1, in 1997. It was red and I loved it! I remember looking through the menu's and wondering what the 'messages' menu was for! Now I send hundreds a week
                ...chilli...

Comment

My first was a Motorola MT9 - can't find it right now so no pic

2nd was this one:

Just wish I had chargers for both just to power them up again!

Comment

Mine was a Ericsson GA628.

It was huge, and the aerial used to stick in my leg all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                      Mine was a Ericsson GA628.

It was huge, and the aerial used to stick in my leg all the time.
                      Huge? I had that one too and it was positively small compared to older phones! The one in my pic took the old size (credit card size) SIM card!

Comment

My current phone is a little larger than a credit card and about 10mm thick. Most of that size is screen. Compare that to the dimensions of the GA628 which weighed in at 130 x 49 x 28 mm and it becomes the biggest phone I ever owned.

Comment

mine was the wonderful pocket filling lump that was the motorolla D520.
                          Had it given in 1999 and it was on the fledgling vodafone network.
                          I remember the ariel stub on top had a pull out whip extension that was not actually functional, it was just a design throwback to those analogue brick phones.

http://www.oldmobil.hu/forum/index.p...m=16&topic=114

Comment

Seimens C25, I still have it. I don't use a phone and it has made maybe one or two calls I suppose it still works;-)

Comment

I have never had a mobile phone and don't particularly want one.

Comment

I got a Bosch (cannot remember the model of it) in 1995 on Vodafone. The coverage at the time was pretty poor. I can remember having to keep the phone upstairs in order to get a signal.
                                Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X