Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your first mobile phone?

Default Re: What was your first mobile phone?

Glad someone brought this subject up!

My first phone was the trusty old Motorola M3788 - bought in May 2000 and you are not going to believe this! I still use it everyday now ! Im in love with the thing, it gets a good strong signal anywhere, reception is so clear, people do look at it and laugh though (I can take it!)

I shall be gutted if anything happens to it, I am looking for a nice new case for it but it's so old and huge im struggling!

Quote Originally Posted by flying saucer View Post
    glad someone brought this subject up!

My first phone was the trusty old motorola m3788 - bought in may 2000 and you are not going to believe this! I still use it everyday now ! Im in love with the thing, it gets a good strong signal anywhere, reception is so clear, people do look at it and laugh though (i can take it!)

i shall be gutted if anything happens to it, i am looking for a nice new case for it but it's so old and huge im struggling!

respect!

Quote Originally Posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
    Glad someone brought this subject up!

My first phone was the trusty old Motorola M3788 - bought in May 2000 and you are not going to believe this! I still use it everyday now ! Im in love with the thing, it gets a good strong signal anywhere, reception is so clear, people do look at it and laugh though (I can take it!)

I shall be gutted if anything happens to it, I am looking for a nice new case for it but it's so old and huge im struggling!
    I can't believe no one started the thread sooner! It just dawned on me last night to do it!
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

The first 2/3 we hardly cutting edge when I got them, & by the time I bought a new one they weren't worth anything as a trade in.

As they all still work I've kept them for spares, & didn't have the heart to put any into a recycling bin.

My sister has had a contract for many years & my parents have all her old phones, my Mum had lots of problems when she gained a Sony Ericsson after years of using Nokias.
    The Trickster On The Roof

An ORANGE Motorola which could only send and recieve text messages and could make my own ringtone (Mine was a siren). Even better, I could get a free video as part of the offer as well.
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

The one I have at the moment's a 2nd hand O2 XDA2 mini pocket pc.
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

My Ericsson had a composer, which was common on phones until polyphonic ringtones & mp3 playing phones came along.

I remember someone where I used to work had a Sony that could use sound samples as a ringtone, though the quality was low.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Before I gave my mam the 8210 she had a little phone - I can't even remember the make think it was something obscure, but it had a composer and I put the close encounters of the 3rd kind tune on it
    1976 Vintage

I was determined to get along without a mobile phone as I regarded them as moronic and another addiction! However I landed myself a job in lower management with the NHS in 2003 and felt that the phone would go with the image....yes! I'm shallow just like everyone else! I actually thought that it would be surplus to requirement....twas a Nokia 4410 and it became my favourite toy never leaving my side. I'm now onto my fourth..the Sony Ericsson Elm and I've changed networks twice. I could not live without a mobile now....and totally despise myself for being such a moron!!

I must be one of the very few people in the world that does not have a mobile phone or have any plans at all to buy one