What was your first mobile phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What was your first mobile phone?

I nearly got a Trium Mars, but Index were sold out & offered my an Ericsson instead, which I bought.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

N7, a golden age

Comment

My First Mobile was a motorola Razr in 2012 its is the best smartphone. And the surprising thing is that currently, I am using this phone as a secondary mobile.

Comment

I have always been a landline person, but mine was just a basic one.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Don't own one...never will, worst thing to happen in the modern age
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              Don't own one...never will, worst thing to happen in the modern age
              Good for you - I thought that I was odd not really owning one. As long as there are payphones around, I don't mind

A pity that BT have stopped the Chargecard service, even though they say that you can pay for calls using a debit or credit card. I got my first in the mid 1990s around the time when Bob Hoskins was appearing in the BT ads.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

One of these
                Followed by , if my memory serves .... one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sony cm333 I think was it's model number although it was commonly called the Sony Mars Bar... Think it was about 1993/1994 and I was the first of my circle of friends to have a mobile phone. I got some stick for being a flash bugger but I just loved my technology and gadgets and had to have the latest gadget...

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was an Ericsson GA318, which I got free on PAYG as a special offer for switching credit cards. Would have been around 1997/98.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20190322_121246.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	262763

Comment

Not personaly exactly mine (but me, my Mum and Step-Dad to be) all shared a Motorolla in 1996

Sorry I have no pictures - I think it was in the days of BT Cellnet and we got it through having a BT Landline at time, .... this'd be around the time after Middlesbrough had moved from Ayresome Pak in 1995 to what was then commonly known after the Riverside as the BT Cellnet Stadium/Ground!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                        Good for you - I thought that I was odd not really owning one. As long as there are payphones around, I don't mind

A pity that BT have stopped the Chargecard service, even though they say that you can pay for calls using a debit or credit card. I got my first in the mid 1990s around the time when Bob Hoskins was appearing in the BT ads.
                        I recall the BT Chargecards being all the rage George and owning many as a supplement to a Mobile/ or instead of one in the later 998-ish) part of the 90s

As I had just got my own place as such - the complex it was in had a Payphone but it often conked out, so I decided it was cheaper and a bit more easy to by a Phonecard and walk the extra few yards (and more so as Payphones only charged about Minimum 10p for so long in them days).

Then as the Chargecard ran low on Money I'd sell it to my best friend at the time (for next to nothing - eg trade for a Can of Pop/an old Cassette Tpae as I knew he was skint and we had this"arrangement" over many deals to trade things and then if he had " agood day" earning extra money he topped it up like you do a Giftcard intead of waisting the plastic etc!

80sChav

Comment

nokia 2690 https://rukminim1.flixcart.com/image...tvry.jpeg?q=70

Comment

My first phone was SonyEricsson T610 and it was amazing. I remember that there were no apps, updates, no Facebook spy apps, and no viruses. It was really the best phone in my life.
                            Last edited by mueller0ne; 30-08-2021, 20:38.

Comment

My first mobile phone was a Nokia 3310.

Comment

The pictures of the old phones are so dated compared to smartphones lol.My first phone was a small flip phone from Tesco cannot remember the name of it

Comment

Working...
                                X