What was your first mobile phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your first mobile phone?

The first mobile phone I owned was a Motorola MR30 on Orange. I got it on contract in 1996. The phone was brilliant at the time and I think it was specifically made for the Orange network.
    Anyone else have one of these phones? If not what did you have first and which network were you on?
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Re: What was your first mobile phone?

The beautiful Nokia 5110 on the now defunct BT Cellnet. It had interchangeable covers. Mine had a yellow cover. 1999.

Click image for larger version

Name:	250px-Nokia_5110.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	259823
    1976 Vintage

Comment

I had one of those too Tricky! Again on Orange network but on the orange network it had a different model number. Can't remember what it was like. I'm sure someone on here will know!

Comment

Had a thought. Could have been known as a Nokia '402' on Orange.

Comment

A red vodafone PAYG thing, around 1997 or 1998 I think.
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
            Had a thought. Could have been known as a Nokia '402' on Orange.
            I've just been consulting our old friend Wiki and that is indeed the case. It also reminded me of the snake game that it had. So simple but hours of fun.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
              The beautiful Nokia 5110 on the now defunct BT Cellnet. It had interchangeable covers. Mine had a yellow cover. 1999.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2973[/ATTACH]
              My Dad & a few other people I knew had those. Interchangeable covers were a fad for a few years, I've still got a catalogue or 2 from a company called Mobile Style that sold many different ones.

He had to give it back when he left his job, but still has an even older mid 1990s Nokia that's so big the SIM card is the size of a credit cart. I'll try & get a picture of it.

My first Mobile was an Ericsson A2628s, which I still have & it still works. From Mobile Style I got a Bertie Bassett cover for it.

It was also on BT Cellnet, which became O2. I was still using the original SIM until a couple of weeks ago in another phone but when I switched networks & took the number with me it stopped working.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Mine was a vivid blue motorola in 2001. The colour seems almost compolsory! LOL

Comment

My first was a Bosch. Can't remember the model but it was a transparent bright orange one and i'm pretty sure that Orange was the network.
                  "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

must be honest ive never had a mobile and ill never get one.
                    im happy with a landline.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      I've just been consulting our old friend Wiki and that is indeed the case. It also reminded me of the snake game that it had. So simple but hours of fun.
                      I had totally forgot about that snake game!! I was mildly addicted to it at one point I think!

Comment

I don't know what phone my first mobile was but it was but it was a brick compared to mobiles today!
                        sigpic

Comment

I never wanted a mob. Then I went on a first Aid course at work and felt the need for one in case I bumped into an injured person nowhere near a land line. It was a Nokia(not good with model numbers/names.....same with cars)

Comment

I resisted getting a mobile until they became cheap, & also I got a job that needed 2 buses to get to, so I needed to let my parents know I was running late.

Originally I was thinking about getting a Trium Mars, but Index were out of stock & offered me the Ericsson instead.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My life in mobile phones...Nokia 5110, Nokia 8210, Sony Ericsson T120(?), Motorola Pebl, Nokia 6300 and my newest, (just acquired today!) Samsung Monte.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                              X