Lynx Amber & Oriental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynx Amber & Oriental

Can anyone else remember the first Lynx fragrances? I remember getting the Amber one for Christmas in 1985. A few years later Oriental came along and that was my favourite! I never liked Insignia. Lynx was what all the lads at school wore. The classrooms must have stank with all the smells mixing together!
    What was your favourite?
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Re: Lynx Amber & Oriental

Lynx originally came in 3 different fragrances, I think it was Amber, Spice & the one that I used to use which was Musk.
    I was really upset when they did away with that! But as far as I can remember it smelled pretty much like the present Lynx instinct.
    I too had insignia and remember getting one of those packs you get at Christmas with the aftershave & talc etc.
    sigpic

Comment

yeah amber. spice. and either oriental, or musk where the first 3.
      although i think these ones where the first 4.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember my brother getting a Slazenger set for Xmas 1987, getting a whiff of it sends me right back to that time period.

Whatever happened to Insignia? I once had 1 or 2 things from them but they had seemingly vanished by the mid 1990s, even though they had some catchy ads, like the ones set in the future with a 20 something man & his Kylie-ish cyborg gran "Never mind what that button does!".
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I'd forgotten all about that Slazenger stuff! That really takes me back.

Comment

Even now I get a build up of "smellies" after each Xmas, so I hardly have to buy any shower gel & deodorent.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

"Insignia's got everything shampoo and shower gel, deodorant and aftershave for one all over smell". That's the ad I remember.

I love getting smellies as presents. I've had friends whinge when they get them saying they are really unoriginal. Sheesh they aught to be thankful they are getting anything at all, and I don't see what's wrong with them.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                "Insignia's got everything shampoo and shower gel, deodorant and aftershave for one all over smell". That's the ad I remember.

I love getting smellies as presents. I've had friends whinge when they get them saying they are really unoriginal. Sheesh they aught to be thankful they are getting anything at all, and I don't see what's wrong with them.
                in some ways its one of the better things you can get.
                nothing wrong with them at all mate.

deodorants aftershave is not exactly cheap.
                so a few bottles and tins of each could reach near 20 quid.
                depending on which you get.

think how those friends you had would feel if they got nothing.

Comment

I wish I could find something that smells like what Lynx Oriental smelled of now. I really liked it! Or they should bring back Lynx Oriental and Amber!!

Comment

im sure they can still be found mate.
                    just a matter of searching hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                      I remember my brother getting a Slazenger set for Xmas 1987, getting a whiff of it sends me right back to that time period.

Whatever happened to Insignia?
                      Just had a leaflet posted through my door for Netto, Insignia is on sale for just £2 http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...3d#/e9add83d/4
                      Heather

Comment

WOW! Wonder if it smells the same!

Comment

There was a Lynx one called something like 'Electric' that smelled great. I was really disappointed when they dropped it.

Comment

Remember Brut33 often advertised by henry cooper?I think it is still around?This advert features henry cooper and the late barry sheene.I remember meeting barry sheene many years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5tLfiu7an4
                            sigpic

Comment

WAS JUST LOOKING ONLINE ABOUT LYNX SPRAYS DEODORANTS AND NOTICED ONE SPECIFICALLY FOR WOMEN.
                              WAS JUST WONDERING HOW MANY CAN U REMEMBER HOW MANY DIFFERENT ONES DID U TRY.
                              I USED MUSK AMBER ORIENTAL AFRICA THEY MUST HAVE BEEN THE FIRST TO COME OUT.

AND CAN U STILL GET THEM.

HERES A FEW OTHERS.

Comment

Working...
                              X