Kellogg's Toppas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kellogg's Toppas.

Can anyone else remember Kellogg's Toppas. They were a bit like bite size shredded wheat with a white frosting on. I really liked them. Also I used to love Kellogg's Country Store Muesli. It had a very distinctive box in the 70's/80's. Little square compartments with the ingredients inside them. Really retro!! Would love a pic of either box if anyone can help. Thanks in advance!
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Re: Kellogg's Toppas.

I remember them in the late 1980s, a girl at school mentioned that her little sister would get upset if they ever ran out of them.

My Mum used to have country store every now & again, I also remember the compartmented design.

Kelloggs seemed to design all their boxes with similiar graphics until the 1990s, each with a different colour code.
    Last edited by Richard1978; 03-11-2010, 14:27.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Oooh yes, big fan of toppas I was. Thinking of bite-sized shredded wheat, were you ever able to get them in a size that is smaller than they are now? I have a memory of loads of them being joined together in the packet and having to break them apart. They are Shredded Wheat-like in my memory, but I guess they might have been Shreddies. Not sure.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
        Oooh yes, big fan of toppas I was. Thinking of bite-sized shredded wheat, were you ever able to get them in a size that is smaller than they are now? I have a memory of loads of them being joined together in the packet and having to break them apart. They are Shredded Wheat-like in my memory, but I guess they might have been Shreddies. Not sure.
        I think you're thinking of shreddies Tricky. I wonder what happened to Toppas. They were really nice.
        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Kelloggs Toppa's/ Frosted Wheats

Anyone remember Toppa's? Mini shredded wheat style cereal by Kelloggs with a sugar top to them? Well nice. Then they became known by their 'proper' US name Frosted Wheats and...promptly disappeared only to sporadically re-appear in my local Tesco Metro (whom I dislike for being too megalithic and EVERYWHERE!)...

Now Kelloggs have created 'Mini Max'...its basically the same thing, but sadly the pieces are smaller. However, its just as nice BUT I thought of mentioning it here because we all remember things used to be bigger than they are now and this is clearly a case of that.

Kelloggs must think we are thick because for all its fanfare saying this is the first new kids cereal they've launched in 20 years its basically Toppas.

They also do them in chocolate flavour but I haven't seen a packet yet...

Mind you, they could have launched Fruit Loops over here, they make them abroad and in the USA and Canada....grr.

Comment

Re: Kelloggs Toppa's/ Frosted Wheats

I remember a girl at school who mentioned that her little sister really liked Toppas & would be upset if there were none left.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember us having a box in the cupboard once. One box was enough!
              Heather

Comment

I loved these. You had to eat them quick though as the milk dissolved the coating off really fast. It's actually one of the few sugared cereals I liked, I'm not a fan of them otherwise.

Comment

hi there,
                  Toppas are still around and very popular in Germany. I moved to London recently and wonder if I could get them here somehow. My boys won't like anything else but Toppas...

Regards

Gunter

Comment

I don't think the posts are been read properly....I posted on these the other day in a brand new thread...lol. Toppa's are still around in the UK - I said they've been re-branded as 'Mini Max'...£1.40 at Tesco for a 560g packet.

Comment

Merged.
                      Heather

Comment

I brought a box of these today in tesco £2.49 they are now called Frosted Wheats.

Comment

Working...
                        X