London's Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London's Burning

Why can't ITV1 repeat London's Burning from the very begiinning? This was a belter of a series.
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Re: London's Burning

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
    Why can't ITV1 repeat London's Burning from the very begiinning? This was a belter of a series.
    it was very good indeed.
    check this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEIvlq5f5xw
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I really liked it for the first few series, but by about 1996-7 most of the originals had left, & it was going a bit too soapish.

ITV kept taking it as well to show one-off dramas on Sunday nights.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Is there any reason why this is not repeated, surely this would be great for something like ITV 3 or ITV 4.

Same with The Bill I would love to see the mid 80's and early 90 stuff with Burnside, Roach, Brownlow etc

Comment

I used to like 'London's Burning' as well. My dad had just retired from the Fire Brigade when the series started, so he always pointed out the errors they made in the series.

The last one I saw was (I think) a special, and the storyline seemed to revolve on the possiblity that a meteorite was heading for London. I can't help thinking that the series had lost the plot by then.
          "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by smc4761 View Post
            Is there any reason why this is not repeated, surely this would be great for something like ITV 3 or ITV 4.

Same with The Bill I would love to see the mid 80's and early 90 stuff with Burnside, Roach, Brownlow etc
            more than likely they wont ever repeat either.
            the way the country is so p. c. they would likely not get away with it.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by smc4761 View Post

I have to agree with you smc, on both suggestions.
              The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

A lot of of LB has been released on DVD so I guess there's no rights issues.

I guess whoever plans the schedules for ITV 3 & 4 hasn't thought of reshowing it yet. There's been plenty of less known shows from the same time shown on those channels.

Comment

I loved LB. Like the Bill and Casualty at that time, the stories kept you gripped in that slightly corny, predictable way. Being able to slobber over Nick Georgiadis was a bonus.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember Casualty when anyone doing something that could lead to any cause of trouble was bound to end up in A & E.

Once I caught an episode part way through, which my Dad had been watching from the start. The first scene I saw was of someone been cut out of a old recently crashed car, which according to my Dad didn't look much better before it crashed.

Comment

My relative was actually in an episode of Londons Burning. Alas he has passed, but what a great actor he was.

Comment

Working...
                      X