Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Derelict places

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    I always suspected there was something weird about the Merrion Centre. I've often heard about this cinema in there, but never figured out where the hell it could have been until I had a good hard think and took out what is there now that wouldn't have been there back when it was opened. It's obvious now I think about it. Those cash machines are blocking the entrance. There's no other place it could be, not to my knowledge anyway.

It's also worth noting that those row of ye olde town store fronts right at the back of the Merrion Centre are creepy as they come. They are all abandoned and nobody every walks down that part of the mall. When I was studying in that part of the city we used to cut though that part of the centre to get to the sandwich shop around the back side of the Merrion centre, but we soon opted to walk outside as it was super eerie. It's like the place that nobody knows about, right under everybody's nose. In fact, all the squares and surrounding area at the back of that plaza is freaky. It's totally abandoned.
    I've been there. The whole centre has a strange vibe that I couldn't put my finger on. When I was in my late teens, I went on a shopping trip to the old Bull Ring in Birmingham with some friends. We stayed quite late and got so engrossed in a record shop, we lost track of the time and the place was almost deserted and closing for the night. That was also a very sinister place when you didn't know your way around when you are 50 miles from your home town and it's getting late.

Comment

the sites mentioned on this thread are so interesting..........it amazes me how a derelict building can suddenly appear, having been untouched for many years..........the people must have walked out one day and never returned

Comment

I have watched programmes like Kevin Mcclouds Grand Designs or George Clarke where people buy an old ruins,castles,water towers,mills etc which have been abandoned and empty for years,Then transform them into their dream homes.They can be a money pit but if you know what your doing and have got the finances then there should be no problem sorting them out.There are some fasinating listed buildings about,you cannot beat old stone cottages lodges,lock keepers cottages they have more character than modern homes.

Comment

Working...
        X