Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin

Dave Stewart on keyboard and Barbara Gaskin on vocals have been performing since 1981 and are still recording. Their first single 'It's My Party' reached number 1 in the UK charts and stayed there for 4 weeks. The Song, 'It's My Party', that made them famous was originally released in 1963 by Lesley Gore.

More...

Re: Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin

It's My Party was number one on my twelfth birthday! 'Happy Birthday' by Altered Images was also in the charts that week, so anyone celebrating a birthday in October 81 had two birthday themed songs in the charts specially for them.

Oh yeah, and for many years I assumed that the Dave Stewart in Eurythmics was the same one as in this song, but they are in fact two different people with the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by stockportyears View Post
      It's My Party was number one on my twelfth birthday! 'Happy Birthday' by Altered Images was also in the charts that week, so anyone celebrating a birthday in October 81 had two birthday themed songs in the charts specially for them.

Oh yeah, and for many years I assumed that the Dave Stewart in Eurythmics was the same one as in this song, but they are in fact two different people with the same name.
      Oh yes I remember Altered Images being out at the same time now you mention it, wasn't my birthday then so I guess i had no reason to remember

Until 30 seconds ago i thought it was the same Dve Stewart
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Was a good song, I can remember going to a local disco in our Scout Hall and they must have played it about 10 times throughout the evening! The follow up was bizarrely..."We're busy doing nothing"....don't know why Dave and Babs chose such an uncool song

Comment

I used to think It was the same Dave Stewart too till a few years ago! Great song though. I loved it when I was a kid. I can't believe it was 1981! Seems like only yesterday!
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I also wasn't sure if it was the same Dave Stewart.

I've got an old Ronco tape with their version of Johnny Rocco.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
            X