Terry's Moonlight chocolates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry's Moonlight chocolates

Terry's moonlight chocolates. These treats had that fantastic advert with an old crooner preparing a meal for a date. He really camps it up and it quite funny. The chocolates themselves made by Terry's (the same company that make Chocolate Oranges) now owned by Kraft foods. The chocolates had a very stylish blue and sliver box and had a mix of milk and dark chocolate in them.

More...

Re: Terry's Moonlight chocolates

My Mum's favourites were Terry's All Gold. They were just dark chocolate. Are they still around? I love, Dairy Box and Milk Tray but I haven't seen them for ages either.
    The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

Originally posted by Megawitch View Post
      My Mum's favourites were Terry's All Gold. They were just dark chocolate. Are they still around? I love, Dairy Box and Milk Tray but I haven't seen them for ages either.
      'See the face you love light up, with Terry's All Gold', and the Gold box reflects off the delighted recipients face. Great advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Megawitch View Post
        they are still around MW.
        i see them in my local shops regular.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Are Black Magic & Harlequin still around?
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            Are Black Magic & Harlequin still around?
            black magic are.
            never remember harlequin.

sometimes i think where you live depends on whether you see certain things.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember Harlequin being advertised a fair amount in the mid 1980s.

I used to use an empty Harlequin box as roll on-roll off ferry for my toy cars because the lid would smoothly open to act as a ramp.

Comment

Were Harlequin the different flavoured pieces of chocolate? I remember having them once or twice. Disappointing compared to Roses or Quality Street.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

I think so, some might have had creme fillings.

Comment

Harlequin was an 80s product and was in the same style as Rowntrees qualitly street and Cadburys roses.

All gold is still around but all Terrys products are made in Poland, cheap labour and the quality is not the same.

The old factory has been sold and is waiting to be developed after a lot of planning problems, good to know the main factory is listed so will retain its character.

Im biased!!

Comment

Working...
                    X