Bee Top Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bee Top Sauce

This is an oft mentioned sauce - particularly in the midlands of the UK. It graced many a dinner table in the 1980's but these days is rarely found. Some say it is "Simply the best brown sauce ever to have graced our breakfast or dinner table" Is it still made? There are rumours on the internet that it is stocked by Morrisons, but it does not seem to be made any more. HAve you seen it lately?

More...

Re: Bee Top Sauce

Never 'eard of it. I'm a Hammond's Chop Sauce girl myself and that tends to come and go. You can get it at the moment.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

I've not heard of that one, my Aunt & Uncle used to have something called Sunny Sauce in the 1980s, I never tasted it but it looked like HP Sauce but in a round sectioned bottle.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I'm in the Midlands and I've never heard of it!
        "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I'm intrigued. I'm hoping it came in a bottle with a big bee-shaped top. That's the image I have anyway. It's a weird name for a sauce.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
            Never 'eard of it. I'm a Hammond's Chop Sauce girl myself and that tends to come and go. You can get it at the moment.
            I used to love Chop Sauce!!! Much nicer than HP imo. Not seen it in years myself though. Where are you buying it Tricky? I've also never heard of Bee Top Sauce.
            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
              I used to love Chop Sauce!!! Much nicer than HP imo. Not seen it in years myself though. Where are you buying it Tricky? I've also never heard of Bee Top Sauce.
              I know this is an old thread, but I was searching for info on Beetop sauce.

I remember beetop sauce, the square HP like bottle, the logo design was a child's "spinning top and a bee cartoon" It tasted pretty good and was a particular favourite of mine. Not seen it around for years.

Mick
              Regards

Captain Mick

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X