Donna Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donna Summer

LaDonna Adrian Gaines (Real name) was born in Boston, Massachusetts on New Years Eve in 1948 and was one of 7 children.Well known for her 1970's 'Disco' music with hits to include:'Hot Stuff''Bad Girls''No More Tears' (Enough is Enough)'On the Radio''Love's Unkind''Love to Love you Baby''I feel Love'Donna was linked to the Film 'Flashdance' by releasing the soundtrack 'Romeo'."I Feel Love" is one of the most covered recordings & has been covered by Madonna, Whitney Houston, Bette Midler, Diana Ross, Moloko, Britney Spears, Robbie Williams, Darren Hayes, Mylo, David Guetta, Stuart Price, Moby, Vanessa-Mae and many more.

More...

Re: Donna Summer

I was a fan of hers when a kid. I remember seeing "I Feel Love" on Top of the Pops. My favourites were "State of Independence", which I bought years later, and "Love is in Control (Finger on the Trigger)".

I bought a greatest hits CD around about 1990 which scandalously doesn't have "Love to Love You Baby" on it. Nowadays I have a 15 minute version of "I Feel Love" on a compilation CD, remixed by Patrick Cowley if I remember rightly.

Comment

Re: Donna Summer

I was a big fan of hers. She was a huge part of my teenage years.
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
      X