Does anyone remember this advert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember this advert?

It involved a a hairdressers and someone cracked an egg on someones head!??

Re: Does anyone remember this advert?

I'm not sure about this, but I think I might know the ad you're talking about. It was often on in the 90's, I was at college at the time & I recall mentioning it to a girl there. It was a shampoo/conditioner advert, L'Oreal, Pantene or something like that. A woman's voice is heard saying 'I tried everything, but still I wanted more', as a little girl is shown having her hair washed by her mum, first with egg yolk & then with wine. The idea of it is basically that nothing you can try will have the same results as the product being advertised. Incidentally, has anyone on here ever had a go at egg yolk shampooing, I have?
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

I vaguely remember a shampoo ad from the late 80's where a woman is doing all kinds of bizarre things to her kids.One of them was cracking an egg on her daughters head another has a boy I think strapped to a chair and hair gel type stuff squirts out of a machine onto his head and he reacts in shock as if he's been electrocuted.

Comment

I had a feeling I'd spotted it on youtube and did a search.The ad I'm talking about appears at 1.23.Is this the one you remember?This is from Irish tv but the ad is probably British. http://youtu.be/9CFhTuSgdtI
        Last edited by darkdubh; 06-12-2012, 12:47.

Comment

I am sure that in around 1989 WHSmith advertised "back to school" items with a man's head - "your mates will think you're an egghead" is mentioned as an egg is cracked on his bald head. I know that Steve Coogan was involved in the stationery adverts at that time, and so he could have been involved in that one. Children's ITV ad breaks used to show them.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
          X