Orangina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orangina

Orangina is an orange soda manufactured by 'Schweppes' with real orange pieces in it. It was sold in a bottle that is pear shaped - fat at the bottom and curving to thin at the top. It was very fizzy and orangy - obviously. Amazing Orangina fact coming up: Orangina started life as Naranjina, by its Spanish inventor, chemist Dr. Trigo,from Valencia, who invented it in 1933!

More...

Re: Orangina

I first came across Orangina in 1985 on a school trip to France. I loved it! Its not quite the same now though!
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
      I first came across Orangina in 1985 on a school trip to France. I loved it! Its not quite the same now though!
      no surprise there that its changed and not for the better mate.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Agree that it's not quite the same. It had a really distinctive taste in the 80's, unlike any other orange drink, now I can't drink the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sandie76 View Post
          Agree that it's not quite the same. It had a really distinctive taste in the 80's, unlike any other orange drink, now I can't drink the stuff.
          i never knew it was still sold sandie.
          id like to think it can still be found.
          the orangina we remember.

why do they change and in some cases get rif of things we love.:cry::cry:

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            i never knew it was still sold sandie.
            id like to think it can still be found.
            the orangina we remember.

why do they change and in some cases get rif of things we love.:cry::cry:
            Yes it's sold in various supermarkets, but in large 2ltr (i think) plastic bottles - and not the small glass bottles I remember they used to be in. :0(

Comment

I've not had it for years, but I remember the little glass bottles that you had to 'shake to wake the drink' i.e. swirl all the bits off the bottom. It was very nice. Very light and tangy. I suppose these days it has next to no real orange in it.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember drinking it in the small glass bottles when I was a kid, it was lovely, tried it again a few years ago...it was gross...not even in the nice glass bottles anymore

Comment

Originally posted by AmethystWitch View Post
                  I remember drinking it in the small glass bottles when I was a kid, it was lovely, tried it again a few years ago...it was gross...not even in the nice glass bottles anymore
                  so not only doe it taste different,but it does not even come in the glass bottle we remember.
                  that is sad indeed.

Comment

Working...
                  X