Stars in their Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars in their Eyes

Stars in their Eyes was a UK game show on ITV from 1990 to 2006 hosted by 5 stars, the most notable being Matthew Kelly - on it, people impersonate their favourite singers. It was made by Granada Television for ITV, and was based on that well known Dutch show "Soundmixshow." It has a very memorable catchphrase: 'Tonight (presenter name) I'm going to be...' The most impersonated stars are Elvis Presley, Cliff Richard, Cher, George Michael (former member of Wham!) and Madonna.

More...

Re: Stars in their Eyes

Was watching it earlier actually and it had a contestant who was just 14.
    She was fantastic.

I noticed leslie crowther was one of the presenters.

It really was/is a very good show.

Its kinda like an early version of more modern music singing shows but without all the drama.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I used to really realy like Stars In Their Eyes ... back in the day it was essential Saturday Night TV watching and very good it was too. It was awesome how in those day's we had to wait up for the "results" of the winner later on before it became well known to have these types of sequal episodes later that night!!

A very good TV Programme indeed - no doubts!

80sChav

Comment

I remember it being the highlight of a Saturday night, it's a shame the recent revival didn't work so well.

While I like most of Harry Hill's work he didn't seem to click as a host, but I'm sure someone else could be better suited.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Never knew they tried a revival of it.

What could go wrong it didnt work

Originally posted by richard1978 View Post
          i remember it being the highlight of a saturday night, it's a shame the recent revival didn't work so well.

While i like most of harry hill's work he didn't seem to click as a host, but i'm sure someone else could be better suited.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
          X