Blue Peter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Peter.

Ok. Own up. Who actually made Blue Peter`s Tracey Island ?
    The nation was gripped by Thunderbirds fever. Such was the fuss that a model toy version of Tracy Island sold out within days of being released. With the prospect of lots of children left disappointed at Christmas, Blue Peter came to the rescue and launched probably the show's most famous make. Over a number of weeks, Anthea Turner was shown using papier mache and a yoghurt pot to create a masterpiece. Over 100,000 children asked for instructions to make Tracey Island .. And I was one of them.

Re: Blue Peter.

Yeah. Remember that and the Buzz Lightyear furore. I was too old to make one but didn't they make a video of it and do a Tracy Island special?
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Yes you can still see it getting made on you tube. The thing is your never too old to make one. I was 40 at the time. ha ha I actually made it for my nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazy View Post
        Yes you can still see it getting made on you tube. The thing is your never too old to make one. I was 40 at the time. ha ha I actually made it for my nephew.
        How long did it take?
        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Cannot remember exactly Van, but most probably about 3 days, as I had my business to run in between. ha ha ha.

Comment

I didn't have to make the Blue Peter version, because my parents somehow managed to get me the proper version!

Comment

Comment

I preferred Magpie lol so called because ITV nicked the idea of the BBC's format of Blue Peter
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Too old to have made Tracy Island but I do remember the Blue Peter make of it. Wasn't it their most popular make to date?

Comment

I didn't make Tracey island but I did make the Lego Space Moon they made out of a cardboard base, scrunched up paper for the hills, half a dairy lee triangles box for the crater all covered in tin foil with talcum powder as moon dust.

Oh and their Action Man flying fox out of an Orange juice carton and string.

Comment

Working...
                    X