X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV/Films That Scared You.

thats clash of the titans mate.
    one of my all time fave films.

one part that a long time ago scared is when perseus gave the person one god coin so the ferryman can bring him across the river styxx.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
    I was uneasy with michael jacksons thriller video when it first came out for obvious reasons. it didn't completely scare me to the point where I couldn't watch it though.

I didn't like clash of the titans ( or was it Jason and the argonauts?) when he slices off medusas head and all that stuff oozes out the neck.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Mines is the bloody daleks in dr who,i was terrified me when i was younger,and when i got older i thought they can't get me,cause they can't get up stairs,and now im just as scared cause they can go anywhere.and the voice lol just shows you sometimes never grow out your childhood fears

Comment

For me, it was the Stephen King drama/movie 'It'. That bloody clown scared the **** out of me, and is the reason, to this day, that clowns freak me out a bit. OK, I have an adult mind now, I can tell the diff between that and a party clown, but they are freaky, they are abnormal weirdos! I saw 'It' when I was about 7.
        - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
        - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

oh yes for sure that clown was super scary.

its actually a very good film even thinking of that clown sends shivers up my spine.

but it really scared me when i saw it when i was younger say between 8 and ten although thats a guess.

Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
          For me, it was the Stephen King drama/movie 'It'. That bloody clown scared the **** out of me, and is the reason, to this day, that clowns freak me out a bit. OK, I have an adult mind now, I can tell the diff between that and a party clown, but they are freaky, they are abnormal weirdos! I saw 'It' when I was about 7.

Comment

Talking about clowns, the film 'Clownhouse' (1989) scared me when I watched it in the early '90s. It makes me even more uneasy now to think that the youngest character 'Casey' played by a young Nathan Forrest Winters was abused by the director Victor Salva. Salva was convicted of child abuse and served 15 months of a 3 year sentence!
            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

another for me is the first jaws film.

no matter who often i see it on it still scares me.

especially when they are out at sea at night.
              iits oh so quiet it still makes me feel uneasy.

Comment

One that spooked me as a kid was The Children of Green Knowe. Had to look it up for this thread, still gives me chills looking at the Green Noah tree. And the end credits with the wooden face. Brrrr!
                -------------------
                ForgetfulOne

Comment

• Land of the giants
                  Tv series

Comment

I remember reading about how a character from Coronation Street died after being crushed under a van and when I saw it when the episode was repeated it actually did freak me out, probably because it was grainy black and white location footage and they showed his face after being pulled out from underneath it.

The big skeleton spider thingy off Knightmare

The bit where Michael Hordern is running across the beach on Whistle and I'll Come to You.

Ron Mael on Top of the Pops

Comment

when i was little i remember Channel 4 showing a series of films they referred to as "Chinese Ghost Stories" and there was one where a guy (i later discovered them to be Chinese Vampires), was hopping after this couple (Chinese Vampires hop on both feet with their arms out in front of them like a Frankenstein monster), and they hid in a closet and used a bamboo shoot to blow their breath away from the monster (they go after your breath), and back then this scared the sh*t out of me.

it wasn't til recently after some research that i found out the film was called Mr. Vampire and it was a comedy, i looked up the aforementioned scene on youtube and it isn't scary in the slightest lol, but it was scary as a kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X