TV/Films That Scared You.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What character frightened you the most as a child? TV/Film

The Incredible Hulk was a bit scary, especially the part when he metamorphisized (is that a word?)
    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

LOL Steve if its not it should be, sounds good, Id have put changed
      Heather

Comment

Yeah, it rolls off the tongue nicely.
        "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Oh god i was frightened of loads. Hector from Hectors House terrified me because i had a thing about big eyes. I was shown a picture of Marty Feldman once when i was about 7 or 8 and i was a shuddering wreck for the rest of the day.

Comment

Brace yourself Soapy

Last edited by sixtyten; 19-02-2008, 14:44.
            sigpic

Comment

oh my god Karen, i think that top picture is the actual one he showed me, it seems very familiar. To be honest that's still a bit freaky even now

Comment

sigpic

Comment

TV/Films that scared you.

Child catcher for sure, infact i am now 43 and he still worries me a bit! lol

Diana dors playing a witch in an episode of ITV Thriller in the mid 70's fightened me half to death! so too did the murdering mannaquins in Jon Pertwee's Dr Who
                  Last edited by Heather74; 08-02-2008, 22:27.

Comment

Re: TV that scared you.

Armchair Thriller was a good one, as was the original Hammer House of Horror, although I've watched it since and it seems rubbish. Not sure about the Hulk though Stevef
                    Last edited by Heather74; 11-02-2008, 13:32.

Comment

Re: TV/Films That Scared You.

Cybermen - Still scare me today. Don't really know why they just do.

Daleks never bothered me cause I'd just sit there and shout 'climb some stairs you idiots' at the TV. Then they made them able to fly
                      Last edited by sixtyten; 19-02-2008, 14:43.
                      Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                      But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                      sigpic

Comment

The singing ringing Tree

How scary was this for small children to be watching! All I can remember is lots of snow and a deer or a reindeer that used to get stuck in it all the time and a horrible dwarf!

Comment

I remember watching a re-run of Star Trek (the Original series) when I was quite young which scared the life out of me. The crew landed on a planet where these alien pancake-thingys were killing the locals -one landed on Spock's back and I freaked out. I remember my parents telling me that they weren't real and were probably made of rubber gloves or someother harmless object, but I was certainly troubled by it all!

Comment

I'm ashamed to admit that The crow that was on BBC 2 in the 80's before playschool scared the life out of me.... as did some of the baddies on the adventure game!

Comment

the opening credits to 'Appointment With Fear' , ITV Friday nights late 70's..where the faces of the Wolfman, Mummy, Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster etc etc morphed one after another

(does anyone know of a link to this..cant see it on Youtube)
                              sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

The Head from Art Attack used to scare me when I was little (the puppet head, not the real actor they used in some seasons). The way he'd rock his head from side to side when he laughed really scared me, as I was convinced it would fall off! Also, the MGM/UA Home Video logo from the 80s always used to terrify me (not sure why, as the lion didn't even roar then, but it was still scary to me!). I came across it on an old video recently, and jumped out of my skin! I guess some things never change...

Comment

Working...
                                X