TV/Films That Scared You.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV/Films That Scared You.

Hammer House of Horror - The House That Dripped Blood. The scene at the children's party where the water pipes in the kitchen break, move, and spurt blood everywhere. Watching the scene again today still scared me.

Comment

The Sound of Music !!

Comment

The bear from terrahawks. It`s eyes turned red and made this growling noise.

Comment

Just remembered 2 others,
          The witch from Mumfie the elephant(puppet version not the cartoon)
          And this werewolf movie, think it was hammer house. My mum spents hours trying to convince me it was just a man with a wolly hat on his head which it did look like and grounding my sister for letting me watch it.

Comment

JAWS!!! When I hear that music i just wanna run and hide! I blame it for making me never want to go in any form of water! Except the bath and shower and pool! I'm even scared of rivers and lakes!
            Jillybean

Comment

The Daleks in Dr who.
              I was terrified of thunderstorms as a kid and couldn't even watch them on TV.

Comment

as a kid i could the watch alien films, predator (my all time favourite film) no problem but E.T. scared the sh*t out of me, strange but true,chimera(monkey boy) what a tv show. that needs to be on dvd !!! chad the killer monkey boy when he's in that barn scary stuff.

Comment

Does anyone remember an American mini-series called "Don't Go To Sleep"? A little girl ended up killing all her family, after she couldn't get over her sister being trapped in a car and dying 'cos she tied her shoelaces together. She chased after her Mum with a pizza slice. I hunted it down on ebay a few years ago....was weird seeing it again after 20-odd years!

I was also scared of the episode of Sapphire & Steel where the man didn't have a face.

Comment

Originally posted by peskykid1975 View Post
                    Does anyone remember an American mini-series called "Don't Go To Sleep"? A little girl ended up killing all her family, after she couldn't get over her sister being trapped in a car and dying 'cos she tied her shoelaces together. She chased after her Mum with a pizza slice. I hunted it down on ebay a few years ago....was weird seeing it again after 20-odd years!

I was also scared of the episode of Sapphire & Steel where the man didn't have a face.
                    By pizza slice, i assume you mean the implement used to cut it, rather than as i first thought, an actual slice of pizza. That would rank as probably the worst weapon in TV and Film history

Comment

LOLOL soapy. I thought the same thing at first. Heehee. Mine has to be the Omen trilogy. NOT the recent remake...That one was terrible
                      I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

The Hammer House of Horrors has been mentioned...
                        On a Friday night..Mam and Dad out at the Legion. the kindly babysitter lets my younger sister and myself stay up to watch.
                        The first film at about 10pm might be a black and white Boris Karloff film like "Die Monster Die" (very scary) but the second film at about midnight could be a colour one like Christopher Lee as "Dracula" then you really wished you hadn't pestered to stay up as you get the cushion ready!!!
                        Oggie.

Comment

Originally posted by Oggie View Post
                          On a Friday night..Mam and Dad out at the Legion. the kindly babysitter lets my younger sister and myself stay up to watch.
                          The first film at about 10pm might be a black and white Boris Karloff film like "Die Monster Die" (very scary) but the second film at about midnight could be a colour one like Christopher Lee as "Dracula" then you really wished you hadn't pestered to stay up as you get the cushion ready!!!
                          Oggie.
                          Ah the good old Horror double bill. My obsession with horror films was born from this. I used to have to go to bed with my younger brother and pretend to go to sleep so that i could get up and watch them without him complaining lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 1100 View Post
                            The Daleks in Dr who.
                            I was terrified of thunderstorms as a kid and couldn't even watch them on TV.
                            I was never bothered by the Daleks but the cydermen really put the willies up me.
                            Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                            But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oggie View Post
                              Oggie.
                              1970's Appointment With Fear on Fri nights ITV....the horror faces that morphed from one to the next..Werewolf, Mummy, Frankenstein's monster, etc
                              sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I used to be afraid of "Are you afraid of the Dark," and "Goosebumps" - I couldn't even watch 5 minutes of them!

I used to love watching Scooby Doo when I was little but some episodes really used to scare me!! One in particular that always scared me was the episode in the Ice Cream factory or at least i think it was ice cream. It was haunted by three ghosts...A Red one and A brown one and maybe a Vanilla one :P

The ghosts used to scare me!! Although I think I know why! They looked similar to the ghost mask in the movie "Scream" Once when I was little my dad bought a scream mask from America, the movie had just come out or something and I'd never seen anything like it back in the Uk. I will always remember this as he put it on before he told me he had it and jumped out behind the sofa and scared me with it. I wouldn't go near him for days and I think that's why I've never been able to watch the movie, and why I used to get so scared watching that episode of scooby doo!

Comment

Working...
                                X