TV/Films That Scared You.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV/Films That Scared You.

I accidentally saw the part of Alien as it comes out of John Hurt's stomach when I was about 10 - was scared to go into my dark bedroom after that! I also saw "When A Stranger Calls" (the original one!). You need to watch it in a dark room, on your own with the volume up, then tell me what you think!.........................with those eerie words, "Have You Checked The Children"!!!!!

Comment

I was scared of the kids show called Sky,this creepy guy would be seen standing outside a house and the sky and trees seemed to come alive, he had white hair and his eyes could turn black, anyone know where I can find a copy. maxine

Comment

behind the sofa

I can remember being spooked by the chef on sesame st after he fell down the stairs and the camera zoomed in on his face
        Last edited by Heather74; 10-01-2009, 23:02. Reason: Moved to existing thread.
        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Kujo scared the life outta me... But probably only because I'm scared of dogs in real life lol

Comment

I remember watching Cujo when we first had a video scared me to death too :cry:
            Last edited by Heather74; 11-01-2009, 01:42.
            Heather

Comment

Re: TV that scared you.

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
              Not quite TV but I remember listening to the "voices from beyond the grave" floppy plastic record that came with the first issue of "Unexplained" in a mate's room and none of us would sleep in that room that night.
              I must have been around 10 when that Unexplained magazine came out. I remember it well. I remember the adverts, which scared the hell out of me, coupled with schoolfriends who heard the floppy record and reported back to me in all seriousness. I never heard the record but I was terrified. IIRC, one of the voices was alleged to belong to Winston Churchill.

About 5 years later, somewhat braver, I found copies of the magazines in the archives of my school library but didn't have the chance to read them properly.
              Last edited by Heather74; 17-01-2009, 12:16. Reason: fixing quote box.

Comment

I remember a load of us watching Ghost Watch, and growing more and more alarmed as the show wore on. The end credits (cast list!) gave it away but we were still freaked out, "Mr Pipes!"
                It was never repeated. Wasn't there a controversy, like someone who thought it was real commiting suicide?

I remember Chimera! A first person steady-cam sequence of the monkey-monster slashing people with a knife!

Also Jaws - I was actually scared he would come up through the floor.

And hiding behind the couch when the lizard men in V tore their skin off.

Alot of people mention Whistle and I'll come (I think it's called).

Comment

Surely the scariest looking thing ever on tv was Hartley Hare??

More seriously though, some of the BBC's Ghost Stories for Christmas are genuinely very unnerving. I'm too young to remember the originals but I have seen some of them - The Signalman with Denholm Elliot is creepy, but not half as creepy as Whistle and I'll Come to You. Sends shivers up me just thinking about it.

The series of MR James stories they did a few christmasses back with Christopher Lee had one called The Ash Tree which really scared me too -it is not for arachnophobics!!

The drama Messiah was quite scary because some of the murders were extremely brutal and hard to watch. One of them - I think it was in Messiah 2 - really freaked me out where there was a guy with a pacemaker trapped in an MRI machine and you saw his eyes turning more and more red as his heart was exploding inside him!

Comment

Originally posted by Oggie View Post
                    The Hammer House of Horrors has been mentioned...
                    On a Friday night..Mam and Dad out at the Legion. the kindly babysitter lets my younger sister and myself stay up to watch.
                    The first film at about 10pm might be a black and white Boris Karloff film like "Die Monster Die" (very scary) but the second film at about midnight could be a colour one like Christopher Lee as "Dracula" then you really wished you hadn't pestered to stay up as you get the cushion ready!!!
                    Oggie.
                    I remembered this freaking me out as a kid (the part where radioactive green coloured Boris Karloff walks up the stairs) so I bought it on dvd and found that 30 years later, it's not so bad. Dr Phibes was another (the locusts eating the nurses face) and a Dr Who story called the seeds of doom. Very very frightening indeed.
                    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

When I was a kid there was this small video rental shop a few minutes from my house. Each time I went in there I would always glance at the cover of Steven King's 'It' which had Pennywise the clown in the top corner of the box and his finger was made to look like it was ripping the cover away. That damn clown scared the absolute life out of me but each time I went in the shop I always found myself just having to look up at that clown on the box, staring right back at me. Today the film is one of my favourites even though unfortunately, some of it hasn't really aged very well. I think the character of Pennywise the clown is so memorable in that he terrified so many people and as soon as you see him you instantly recognise who he is and where he is from. There is actually talk of an 'It' remake, I really hope they don't bother as I think Tim Curry's performance is just so memorable and can't be topped.

Comment

I can't believe I forgot It! Now that I have to admit is the one thing that truly did scare me to the point of needing to sleep with the lights on. Even to this day I can't bear to see Pennywise - I've never even been able to watch the whole film!

Comment

Witchypoo from HR Pufnstuf scared the living bejaysis out of me. To this day I can't get turned on by long nosed green women.

Comment

Originally posted by soapy View Post
                            Ah the good old Horror double bill. My obsession with horror films was born from this. I used to have to go to bed with my younger brother and pretend to go to sleep so that i could get up and watch them without him complaining lol.
                            I used to love that double-bill!
                            Them! Night Of The Lepus, Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter, The Beast Must Die... Excellent times staying up late and hiding behind the pillows...
                            Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

Hello all,

Just found this forum and this thread has reminded me of things I thought I had buried many years ago!

I remember Ghos****ch as well I had to sleep with the light on that night, even though I was 22 at the time! PIPES

The one tv film that really terrified me was Threads, back in the eighties when the cold war was a reality we were made to watch it at school in the hall with blackout curtains drawn which added to the atmosphere, the only thing was we never got right to the end of and I often wondered how it finished, so I was pleased when I got it on DVD a year or two back, but it still freaked me out how bleak it all was even it looked very dated.

Comment

One other thing I forgot was the Test Card, for some reason I think I believed that the girl and the clown would come to life and do terrible things, so when I discovered Life on Mars and saw it happen to Sam I nearly jumped out of my skin!

Comment

Working...
                                X