No announcement yet.

Public Information Films (PIFS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of these ads can be found on "Charley Says" - a 2 disc DVD set. All the above are there, and some other classics, remember the boy running barefoot across the sand and the film stopped just as he was about to put his foot on a broken lemonade bottle?

Also - all the Protect and Serve info ads, telling us that if we were outside and a nuclear attack was imminent, hiding under a small bridge with our hands over our head would ensure we were safe

Comment

Was anyone else in the Tufty Club, and we all must remember the Green Cross Code Man???? Jimmy Saville Clunk Click every trip, Jon Pertwee did a road saftery advert but can't quite recall that one, SPLINK?

Comment

drink driving

not sure if it was on over here but it was on over in australia it showed a shot of a bloke drinking and the voice said see dick drink , then the next clip showed him driving and hitting a child , then the voice said see dick drive , and the motto was dont be a dick !!!!

as a member of the ambulance service i whole hartedly agree

Comment

Joe and Petunia..... ads

Joe & Petunia - Coastguard

Duration 1min 32sec
          Release Date 1968
          Sponsor Central Office of Information for HM Coastguard
          Text version of this film

Cartoon couple Joe and Petunia appeared in a number of films starting in the late 1960s.
          Covering subjects such as the countryside code, the dangers of worn tyres and saving water, this film about the Coastguard was probably the best known.
          Behaving in a way that is common to characters in many early public information films, they are utterly unaware of the dangers caused by, or around them, which are obvious to any onlooker.
          The message of this coastguard film was to raise awareness that HM Coastguard had become a ‘999’ service enabling the public to raise the alarm as it does for other emergency services.
          sigpic
          Mrs Oggy
          ~~~*~~~*~~~
          Count your friends amongst the stars....
          And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Vaguely recall this, the pictures does ring a bell.

Comment

these were on the telly again over the summer , its a great advert oh please bring them back i could do with a good laugh

Comment

We don't have adverts like these now, save the hedgehog's crossing the roads, bring them back, and Mike, he could swim like a fish, Tufty and Charlie the cat now that was kool.

Comment

oh charlie the cat , what a dude !

this has to be my most memorable cartoon advert ever

Comment

jimmy saville doing his bit for road safety: "clunk click every trip" telling us to belt up in our cars.
                    Van_Whistler (too young to understand - old enough to know better)

Comment

A colleague 'reliably' informs me that this is being broadcast again in an updated, addition of a mobile phone form.

Great stuff if it is.

If you want to wallow in PIF heaven and pretty much watch a social history of the UK from the 50s upwards get the Charley Says... double DVD set

Comment

Jon Pertwee and SPLINK, and the Green cross code man Dave Prowse pre Darth Vader.

Comment

Re: Safety Ads

LOL I've just got my Charley Says DVD and its absolutely hilarious!

(Mind you, I haven't got to the scary "Protect and Survive" or "Lonely Water" yet!

Comment

Kool, good for you......loved it when the Prodigy sampled it too.

Comment

see even then he could use the force he he

Comment

Lol........

Comment

Working...
                                X