Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 80,s childrens programe. A ZICO ZAD - been bugging me for 25 years

Hi all.

I'm a newbie here and hope you can all work hard to to get to the bottom of a 25 year old question of mine !
    I have googled what I can but just can find a thing that's similar to the memory that I have.
    Here goes I'll tell you what I can remember and cross my fingers for a response (please don't laugh)

I remember a little boy from a well off family (set probably about 1800's) they were sailing somewhere on a ship and I think the ship sank and all inboard were thought to have died.
    The programme is then based around a little boy being found years later when he's about 10 but he speaks a different language (I think French).However the twist is that the boy has now got a new family and speaks a different language and knows nothing of his past.
    The boy is known by his new family as A ZICO ZAD (spoken in a French accent I think) the name was given to him because his old family called him A LIITLE LAD and this obviously was taken on by his new family but was lost in translation as his new family brought him up.

Well I'm sorry but that's all I have to offer from my end.

The show was screened I'm guessing after school time about 5 and was on about 1985 - 1990 but may be as late as 1995.

Good luck

Re: Late 80,s childrens programe. A ZICO ZAD - been bugging me for 25 years

Originally posted by Stef232 View Post
    Hi all.

I'm a newbie here and hope you can all work hard to to get to the bottom of a 25 year old question of mine !
    I have googled what I can but just can find a thing that's similar to the memory that I have.
    Here goes I'll tell you what I can remember and cross my fingers for a response (please don't laugh)

I remember a little boy from a well off family (set probably about 1800's) they were sailing somewhere on a ship and I think the ship sank and all inboard were thought to have died.
    The programme is then based around a little boy being found years later when he's about 10 but he speaks a different language (I think French).However the twist is that the boy has now got a new family and speaks a different language and knows nothing of his past.
    The boy is known by his new family as A ZICO ZAD (spoken in a French accent I think) the name was given to him because his old family called him A LIITLE LAD and this obviously was taken on by his new family but was lost in translation as his new family brought him up.

The show was screened I'm guessing after school time about 5 and was on about 1985 - 1990 but may be as late as 1995.

Good luck
    Was it a Brit tv show or was it French?

Comment

Brit

Comment

Wasnt that Little Lord Fuantleroy or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by REBECCA1976 View Post
          Wasnt that Little Lord Fuantleroy or something like that?
          Very similar but on looking at a few episodes it appears that there was no boy lost to another family and brought up by another family.
          It does look like it's from the same time set maybe Georgian- I thought you had hit the nailed it for me when I 1st punched it into utube.

Thanks for trying though.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Stef232 View Post
              Hi all.

Good luck
              Hi, I appreciate this was 10 years ago and now it’s been 35 years but just in case this gets to you I’ve registered just to give you the answer...

It was a BBC series called “the little sir Nicholas”
              From a quick search I see it was released on DVD in 2017

Enjoy the relief

Comment

Working...
              X