Your very petty pet hates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

People who insist on having shouted conversations from another room across the house. I really hate it because half the time I can't understand what they're saying because it sounds garbled.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      i know we had neighbours who had two labradors and they ran up and down the stairs all day and night and to make it worse the neighbours played very loud music all day and night.
      the dogs hardly ever got out.

put my head crackers.
      anytime i hear toddlers i just walk the other way or im likely to say something to the parents.

the noise just goes through me.
      I have neighbours who are always having parties. Once in a while is ok but in summer they haul out the barbecue at the drop of a hat and invite about 50 people over. First the early afternoon is ruined by their screeching kids, yappy dogs and barbecue smoke everywhere then there's a bit of relief when they head indoors (luckily they are not next door so I can't hear them inside) but sooner or later the drink kicks in and then screeching women and braying men spill back out into the garden accompanied by thumping music into the early hours. Drives me insane!
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I used to stay in a block of private flats ( some of which were rented out by absentee landlords ) it used to drive me nuts when the inconsiderate barstewards would have a party mid week
        with me having to start work at 6am
        not many people knew this, but I had the key for the main fusebox, if by 2am there was still very loud music playing, yep, you've guessed it

I'd find out which flat the noise was coming from BOOM ... BOOM ... BOOM ... BOOM BOOM BOOM ... BOOM ... BOOM!
        then go down and pull their 60amp fuse out BOO......................................... Silence.............................
        DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

terrible you have to put up with that but great you had that key.

noise into the early hrs is just awful when u have to go to work.

Originally posted by culnara View Post
          I used to stay in a block of private flats ( some of which were rented out by absentee landlords ) it used to drive me nuts when the inconsiderate barstewards would have a party mid week
          not many people knew this, but I had the key for the main fusebox, if by 2am there was still very loud music playing, yep, you've guessed it

I'd find out which flat the noise was coming from BOOM ... BOOM ... BOOM ... BOOM BOOM BOOM ... BOOM ... BOOM!
          then go down and pull their 60amp fuse out BOO......................................... Silence.............................
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
            I have neighbours who are always having parties. Once in a while is ok but in summer they haul out the barbecue at the drop of a hat and invite about 50 people over. First the early afternoon is ruined by their screeching kids, yappy dogs and barbecue smoke everywhere then there's a bit of relief when they head indoors (luckily they are not next door so I can't hear them inside) but sooner or later the drink kicks in and then screeching women and braying men spill back out into the garden accompanied by thumping music into the early hours. Drives me insane!
            The kids of one of my neighbours would sometimes throw parties and invite their friends from their old neighbourhood which is a dodgy part of town. And whenever they had these parties it was not unusual for the police to be called because of the noise and on at least two occasions I found graffiti on my garden wall the next morning.

Comment

When will this pointless low slung jeans go away? It just looks wrong. Do the men/boys do it so we can all see their CK/Boss/Primark underwear! Another pet hate of mine are mens jeans that are distressed but look as if they hadn't seen a washing machine for months or those with grafitti or pictures splattered on them.

I used to hate seeing men in nightclubs wearing t shirts and being allowed to wear jeans - what happened to wearing a nice shirt and looking smart. When I went out with an old boyfriend I got myself all glammed up and he appeared in a shapeless t shirt, badly fitting jeans and trainers. I thought why do I bother?

I'd like men to dress smart on an evening out - no trainers though! and women to be more feminine dressed and shoes to be clean not falling apart and mud splattered/scruffy like on of my neighbours had which I noticed in a post office queue! No wonder I'm single!

I sympathise with the noisy neighbours the music should be cut of after 12.00 people need their sleep and peace!
              Last edited by Beach Life; 05-12-2012, 19:23.

Comment

oh i do not like those low slung jeans trousers one of my worse pet hates.

yes i dont like it when people who go out dont try to look the part either.

im single as well.

really once 12 midnight comes noise should be off.
                although once in a while i dont mind an odd party that goes on through the night.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
                When will this pointless low slung jeans go away? It just looks wrong. Do the men/boys do it so we can all see their CK/Boss/Primark underwear! Another pet hate of mine are mens jeans that are distressed but look as if they hadn't seen a washing machine for months or those with grafitti or pictures splattered on them.

I used to hate seeing men in nightclubs wearing t shirts and being allowed to wear jeans - what happened to wearing a nice shirt and looking smart. When I went out with an old boyfriend I got myself all glammed up and he appeared in a shapeless t shirt, badly fitting jeans and trainers. I thought why do I bother?

I'd like men to dress smart on an evening out - no trainers though! and women to be more feminine dressed and shoes to be clean not falling apart and mud splattered/scruffy like on of my neighbours had which I noticed in a post office queue! No wonder I'm single!

I sympathise with the noisy neighbours the music should be cut of after 12.00 people need their sleep and peace!
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  oh i do not like those low slung jeans trousers one of my worse pet hates.

yes i dont like it when people who go out dont try to look the part either.

im single as well.

really once 12 midnight comes noise should be off.
                  although once in a while i dont mind an odd party that goes on through the night.
                  I love to dance but I wouldn't want to go to a nightclub and be the oldest person there where most of the people look 15 lol, and you can't beat a good party with the right crowd with no gloom and doom merchants or round dodgers, tightwads to put the dampers on your night. I only like the company of people who are genuine, fun to be around and lift you up when you are down (not fair weather friends).
                  Last edited by Beach Life; 05-12-2012, 20:27.

Comment

Another pet hate of mine is cold callers who ring just when your about to tuck into your dinner, cold callers at the door trying to sell you double glazing, roof insulation, etc. I have found this Cold Callers poster - http://t.co/t4FcYIRg which hopefully will keep them away! Sorry but I am not keen on Jehovas witnesses calling on Sunday. I don't answer the door now and they chat amongst themselves for about 10 minutes thinking I will answer. Feel tempted to add NO JEHOVAS EITHER!
                    Last edited by Beach Life; 05-12-2012, 21:45.

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post

Class

I've had problems with the couple next door and their sex noises. Believe me I've been kept awake for hours and it's no joke.

It's pure arrogance expecting people to put up with loud noise no matter what it is, especially if it lasts all day or into the night.

Comment

Sometimes I really hate buses. Today is that day! Firstly the bus was late & since it left the station it has been stopping every second, student arguing over bus pass, packed in like sardines, girl phoning everybody on her mobile loudly and finally a man losing his temper, swearing and telling the driver to get a move on I almost applauded him. Will be glad when?? I get home fed up

Comment

i agree there with you matey i hate buses even more when stuck behind them and in rush allways happens go round corner and oh look bus and bleeding stops every second and carnt get past it

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
                          Sometimes I really hate buses. Today is that day! Firstly the bus was late & since it left the station it has been stopping every second, student arguing over bus pass, packed in like sardines, girl phoning everybody on her mobile loudly and finally a man losing his temper, swearing and telling the driver to get a move on I almost applauded him. Will be glad when?? I get home fed up
                          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

People being late annoy me.........as far as I'm concerned whether it's 2pm, 4pm or 5am, if that's the time you've agreed then keep to it.

Comment

The worst buses are the newer ones powered by LNG (Liquid Natural Gas). They have a higher breakdown rate than the old diesel buses because the engines are so sensitive and they're also very uncomfortable to ride in (at least the ones around here) because they're so underpowered that the interiors have had to be stripped down considerably in order to carry the same passenger load.

Comment

The buses here seem to have got much smaller. I always sit near the back so that old/disabled people can sit near the front, but if you have a couple of heavy bags it's
                                a battle trying to get back to the front of the bus to get off as the aisles are so narrow.

It's even worse if there are overweight people sitting on the outer seats as you almost behead them with your bags struggling to get past!

Comment

Working...
                                X