Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    A few times I've had a cyclist zoom diagonally across a road in front of me at night with no lights on.
    Same here, and teenagers pulling wheelies infront of me.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
      It's not just the idiots on pavements, it's the organ donors who jump red lights too!
      I see first hand the aftermath of RTAs and it's not nice, anyone caught jumping lights should be disqualified.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
        It's not just the idiots on pavements, it's the organ donors who jump red lights too!
        There's a junction near us where I've seen do many close/calls !

For some reason we see people who fly off the mark just as green appears plus those who go through late on red ...

Terrible combination ... I'm wondering if it's because there are no cameras or no film in them - so people take chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Collectibles shops that are nothing more than the owner's warehouse and glorified clubroom -- more of a place for the owner (who makes most of his money online) and his mates to hang out than a place of business. It's often disorganised, has inconsistent hours, and half the stuff isn't even for sale! You would find that rare certain something that you've been looking for only to be told that it's part of the owner's personal collection and not for sale!

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
            Collectibles shops that are nothing more than the owner's warehouse and glorified clubroom -- more of a place for the owner (who makes most of his money online) and his mates to hang out than a place of business. It's often disorganised, has inconsistent hours, and half the stuff isn't even for sale! You would find that rare certain something that you've been looking for only to be told that it's part of the owner's personal collection and not for sale!
            I've come across these quite a number of times. I've also come across the odd owner of these places, who is also downright ignorant. Generally, I tend to give these a total miss.
            Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Another youTube Gripe -- The increasing use of computer-generated robot voice narration in videos, often with a British accent, though I've also seen a few with an American southern accent.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                Another youTube Gripe -- The increasing use of computer-generated robot voice narration in videos, often with a British accent, though I've also seen a few with an American southern accent.
                I hate those YouTube sites that con you into clicking on them by using false titles so they're just a bloke giving his opinion on the subject backed with photos -- NO VIDEOS !!

Comment

Finding that something you're looking for is exceedingly rare apparently even though it's not that old. And you know it's rare because it hardly, if ever, turns up on eBay.

Comment

Coat hangers
                    Headphone wires
                    All other electrical wires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My birthday (30th August) - I feel guilty in celebrating it when it comes around because it's supposed to be an ordinary day for everyone else.
                      Nottingham - where I have lived all my life.
                      The 21st Century itself.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                        My birthday (30th August) - I feel guilty in celebrating it when it comes around because it's supposed to be an ordinary day for everyone else.
                        Or the reverse feeling staying home on New Year's Eve. You tell yourself that you don't want to deal with the crowds, the drunks, etc but yet there's that nagging feeling that the rest of the world is out having a good time.

Comment

I don't mind staying at home on Christmas Day because I know that I am not the only person celebrating it - having the TV on proves that with the special programmes on. And regarding New Year's Eve - I prefer to stay inside, keep warm and feel safe inside, having the New Year celebrations and Big Ben striking midnight - usually with some sherry to drink a toast to the end of the old year and the start of the new one.
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Holes in the knees. It's getting to the point where people are stupidly paying more for less material. Some of the sights I've seen look like they've been mauled by a big cat and then there's the media who portray said shredded garments as "effortlessly chic" and "stylish".

Full sleeve tattoos. I don't mind small and discreet but not a full sleeve especially when people go to ridiculous lengths to show them off. Wearing a sleeveless summery top in the middle of winter for example.
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

This morning, having to stand on the train to work due to blah blah delays, but worse, people with bags next to their seats so I couldn't put my feet properly! This meant I almost toppled over a few times!
                              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

People who have no spacial awareness. These come in many guises.

People who stop when they step off an escalator.
                                People who take one step through the doorway of a shop and stop.
                                People who amble aimlessly.
                                People who leave a silver trail and can't walk straight because they have their head buried in their phone.
                                People who stop and chat causing an obstruction. They tend to do this in the most awkward of places eg on the pavement, next to a litter bin which already restricts space. If they had a brain they'd stand in front of it or behind it. There are people who do similar in the Arndale centre. The upper floor walkways narrow in parts and they choose these places to stop and chat and they are usually pushing a buggy. Mere feet away there are large open squares where they wouldn't be a problem.
                                People who turn their trolley sideways on in supermarket aisles and are afraid to relinquish contact while they stretch and reach for the furthest item that they want.

I'm getting old and don't have the time or patience for these people slowing me down.
                                Last edited by branny; 03-10-2018, 13:01.
                                "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
                                X