Page 30 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 820

Thread: Your very petty pet hates

  1. #291
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    14,827

    Default Re: Your very petty pet hates

    easter hangovers never heard of them mate.

    What gets me is the way so many shows are sponsored you get these silly annoying ads.


    Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Easter hangovers

    Wine and chocolate, lovely at the time - not so several hours later!
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

  2. #292
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Trowbridge,wiltshire
    Posts
    909

    Default Re: Your very petty pet hates

    Far too many adverts on TV at the moment.A program just starts then there is an advert 2 minutes in.
    TV documentary shows from america which keeps pushing and repeating the same point time and time again as if they don't have much else to say.
    People that just have to have things perfect.The dotted "i"....full stops just in the right place or everything exactly 2mm to the left and 1 degree to the right,especially at work.

  3. #293
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California (Greater Los Angeles Area)
    Posts
    1,717

    Default Re: Your very petty pet hates

    Quote Originally Posted by battyrat View Post
    Far too many adverts on TV at the moment.A program just starts then there is an advert 2 minutes in.
    TV documentary shows from america which keeps pushing and repeating the same point time and time again as if they don't have much else to say.
    People that just have to have things perfect.The dotted "i"....full stops just in the right place or everything exactly 2mm to the left and 1 degree to the right,especially at work.
    I tend to listen to the radio more than watch TV and I find that radio adverts are often more inane than their TV counterparts. But of late I've noticed that more and more radio adverts are nothing more than the audio of the TV advert. How lazy can they get???

    I sometimes think that the people who have to have everything just perfect are in some way related to the ones whose habits are so monotonously regular that you can set your watch to them. Also what drives me nuts are strangers on a bus or in a fast food place, quite often homeless people, who, for some reason, have singled you out to talk your ear off.

  4. #294
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Your very petty pet hates

    When I was driving my pet peeve was Cyclists who aren't aware of cars....now I'm cycling its motorists who don't look out for bikes....guess its all relative.

  5. #295
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fraserburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Your very petty pet hates

    hmmmm adverts on TV?? I wonder if that is why I don't watch it now??
    Reckless Stu
    http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php

    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

  6. #296
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    14,827

    Default Re: Your very petty pet hates

    i absolutelu agree with you on all these points.

    a lot of programmes you get a break after like 5 minutes as you say.

    why cant they have a break say like 1 for each half hour.

    E4 is terrible for it.





    Quote Originally Posted by battyrat View Post
    Far too many adverts on TV at the moment.A program just starts then there is an advert 2 minutes in.
    TV documentary shows from america which keeps pushing and repeating the same point time and time again as if they don't have much else to say.
    People that just have to have things perfect.The dotted "i"....full stops just in the right place or everything exactly 2mm to the left and 1 degree to the right,especially at work.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

  7. #297
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    155

    Default Re: Your very petty pet hates

    Quote Originally Posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    I tend to listen to the radio more than watch TV and I find that radio adverts are often more inane than their TV counterparts. But of late I've noticed that more and more radio adverts are nothing more than the audio of the TV advert. How lazy can they get???

    I sometimes think that the people who have to have everything just perfect are in some way related to the ones whose habits are so monotonously regular that you can set your watch to them. Also what drives me nuts are strangers on a bus or in a fast food place, quite often homeless people, who, for some reason, have singled you out to talk your ear off.

    This is why I think it's ok (unless it's filling up) for people to put bags on empty seats next to them on a bus! I know we discussed this earlier in the thread, but I am sick of some weirdo sitting next to me on a bus/train (usually a smelly old man) and boring me to death when I just want to be left in peace

    I know some people are lonely, and I'm happy to pass the time of day and am never nasty or ignore them....but some of them don't let you get a word in edgeways, and even worse, they start grabbing your hand or arm as they speak

  8. #298
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    155

    Default Re: Your very petty pet hates

    Am I the only person who finds walking anywhere very difficult these days because:

    1. There is dog poo everywhere.
    2. There is spit everywhere.
    3. Cyclists use pavements instead of the road.
    4. If you happen to walk past a school you find a crowd of mothers blocking your path as they stand around yapping!

    I'm trying to be healthy by walking to work but I feel like giving up because of some/all of the above

  9. #299
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California (Greater Los Angeles Area)
    Posts
    1,717

    Default Re: Your very petty pet hates

    Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Am I the only person who finds walking anywhere very difficult these days because:

    1. There is dog poo everywhere.
    2. There is spit everywhere.
    3. Cyclists use pavements instead of the road.
    4. If you happen to walk past a school you find a crowd of mothers blocking your path as they stand around yapping!

    I'm trying to be healthy by walking to work but I feel like giving up because of some/all of the above
    5. Idiots who heckle you from passing cars, usually screaming at you to try to scare or startle you.

  10. #300
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    14,827

    Default Re: Your very petty pet hates

    one i dont like is when your going past a big puddle cars seem to purposely drive into them to splash you.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Similar Threads

  1. Johnny Hates Jazz
    By batman in forum Bands
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-12-2012, 22:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •