Your very petty pet hates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

Names and words said very differently to how their spelled.
    Words names with silent letters.

i say words names as they are spelled.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
      My biggest pet hate is when i have sticky fingers after eating, i can't wash my hands quick enough! Another pet hate is when i leave my car at home and get a bus into town and someone smelly sits next to me!
      The free bus in my town seems to attract some people who think getting to 60 means they don't need to bother washing themselves or their clothes as often as they used to.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        Names and words said very differently to how their spelled.
        Words names with silent letters.

i say words names as they are spelled.
        That always drives me round the bend. Many locales in the US are like that. Examples: Cairo, Illinois (pronounced "kay-row"), Orion Lake, Michigan (pronounced "oar-ree-un"), Houston Street, New York City (pronounced by the locals as "house-ton')

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
          That always drives me round the bend. Many locales in the US are like that. Examples: Cairo, Illinois (pronounced "kay-row"), Orion Lake, Michigan (pronounced "oar-ree-un"), Houston Street, New York City (pronounced by the locals as "house-ton')
          There are a lot in the USA, one being a Milan which the locals call My-lan & Lima in Ohio pronounced Ly-ma/

Comment

Cool to see someone feels the same as i do.

For example here in the uk the word centre is said center which is the u.s spelling.
            In america its said how its spelled.

Whats the point a word being spelled a certain way if its said in a totally different way and with silent letters depending on the persons/s saying it.

Its became a pet hate much more recently.

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
            that always drives me round the bend. Many locales in the us are like that. Examples: Cairo, illinois (pronounced "kay-row"), orion lake, michigan (pronounced "oar-ree-un"), houston street, new york city (pronounced by the locals as "house-ton')
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I know in the past spelling weren't always standardised & the pronunciation of words has changed over the centuries while the spellings haven't.

Comment

Drug taking in general..

Drug cheats in sport !!

Bradley Wiggins and Froome ???

Mo Farah .. under investigation apparently.. ?

Now Canelo Alvarez ??

Canelo failed a drug test recently story broke yesterday .. his backers ( money men ) say he's eaten tainted beef !!

In his last fight a few months ago Canelo was found to be lacking power and stamina so he's been training at altitude and eating 'tainted' beef ?!

For what it's worth the general concensus at the very experienced Mayweather gym is that they think he got 'caught'

One current champion says he's thought to be on PEDs

You decide ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Cyclists who cycle everywhere on the PAVEMENTS !!

Despite the thousands of miles of annoying cycling lanes ( unused ) !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

As a cyclist I agree with this, but I would say it’s people on bikes rather than cyclists, we’re usually on the road annoying motorists ��
                    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
                      As a cyclist I agree with this, but I would say it’s people on bikes rather than cyclists, we’re usually on the road annoying motorists ��
                      I'm a keen mountain biker, i usually cycle too, i use the roads and some drivers need to respect cyclists and give us room.

Comment

It is generally teenagers and blokes on mountain bikes that ride the pavements .
                        It's normally women or proper cyclists in the racing barb that use the lanes properly ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I remember i cycled up a very steep hill in Cheshire, when i got to the top i stopped on the left hand side of a junction, then a car came up behind me beeping its horn, it stopped behind me and was still beeping so i cycled around to the drivers side and asked the woman driver what her problem was, i was polite but she wasn't expecting me to confront her so she wound up her window and sped off. Haha!

Comment

It's not just the idiots on pavements, it's the organ donors who jump red lights too!
                            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

A few times I've had a cyclist zoom diagonally across a road in front of me at night with no lights on.

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
                                I'm gonna take a guess and say you have a road bike?

Comment

Working...
                                X