X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

We can't win with the weather can we?

It's either freezing cold or warm but rainy

These last 18 months or so have been horrid, we must have had three weeks of decent weather (at best).

Comment

Special Delivery: If you or someone else can't be home to receive it, you often end up playing postal tag. I was expecting a package on Saturday but I wasn't home (I didn't know that the sender had mailed it via Special Delivery) so instead I received a note from the postman saying that he tried to deliver the package. I then went to the post office just before closing time only to be told that they were still out making their rounds! And now here it is Monday and I have to hang around the house to make sure I'm here to sign for it!

Comment

Packages can be very tricky if you live somewhere with a gate or outer door.

Where I live the normal post can be delivered to the door (the Royal Mail have something to let themselves in), but anything courier delivered can't get past the main gate.

If I ever see a delivery card at the flats I'll put it through the adressee's door so it doesn't get lost.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

When neighbours are not in to receive goods,and the van man knock your door.I used to take in stuff for neighbours but then it got constant so I put a stop to it.Now if I know that I am not expecting anything then I will not answer the door sorted.

Comment

I buy stuff off ebay sometimes and I dread it when the seller insists on sending the item by recorded delivery as it means that unless I get very lucky (ie; it arrives on a Saturday and I happen to be in) then I know it'll end up sitting in the sorting office until I get chance to go there.

Problem is our local one is open weekdays from 6.45am-1pm which is totally useless if you work. I think on a Saturday it's only open until 10am so it means getting up early which is a pain if you're tired and want a lie-in

Comment

Where I am the post offices are generally open from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, though one or two are open as late as 6 or 7 PM. And on Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Recently the government announced the elimination of Saturday hours and delivery as a cost-cutting measure but were met with public outcry which forced them to reconsider.

Comment

Leylandis they are fine as a hedging fence level,but when they are let to grow 20-30ft high they are hidious and block out a lot of light.

Comment

oh yes i know exactly what you mean.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                  Leylandis they are fine as a hedging fence level,but when they are let to grow 20-30ft high they are hidious and block out a lot of light.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                    oh yes i know exactly what you mean.
                    They cause a lot of disputes with neighbours

Chewing gum outside city shops its disgusting and it makes the place looks scruffy

Comment

-- Watching an item on ebay with the intention of bidding on it or buying only to have the seller end the listing early because he's either sold it on Craigslist or decided that he wants to keep it.

-- Encountering somebody with such nasty body odour that you can't get the stink out of your nostrils for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                        -- Watching an item on ebay with the intention of bidding on it or buying only to have the seller end the listing early because he's either sold it on Craigslist or decided that he wants to keep it.

-- Encountering somebody with such nasty body odour that you can't get the stink out of your nostrils for the rest of the day.

Especially when your shopping in the supermarket on a hot day nothing worse then smelly armpits

Waiting at the traffic lights when someone pulls next to you with their window right down,playing rap blasting stress levels go up straight away.

Comment

Waiting at the traffic lights when someone pulls next to you with their window right down,playing rap blasting stress levels go up straight away.
                          And have you ever noticed that the people who can spend so much money turning their car into a rolling speaker with state-of-the-art stereo equipment never seem to play Mozart or Brahms?

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                            And have you ever noticed that the people who can spend so much money turning their car into a rolling speaker with state-of-the-art stereo equipment never seem to play Mozart or Brahms?
                            Yes I know

Going to the dentist

Comment

Going to the dentist
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

Comment

getting out of the bath/shower and feeling cold.

its not really cold its just your not as warm as you are when in a shower/bath.

ill stay in longer but eventually i have to get out.
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X