Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

Originally posted by darren View Post
    one i dont like is when your going past a big puddle cars seem to purposely drive into them to splash you.
    I had this happen to me just before Christmas. I'd been to Leeds on the train and it's a (usually) pleasant half hour walk to / from the station to our home. On this occasion, however, it had started to rain really heavily between me getting on and off the train, but there was nothing for it but to put my head down, grit my teeth & get on with it. It wasn't particularly pleasant, but what I could have done without was the idiot who drove through a deep puddle at speed I kid you not, this solid tidal wave came up in the air and down all over me, soaking me from head to foot . Even worse, the water went into my bags, so some of the gifts I'd bought ended up all water-marked. It sort-of seemed to happen in slow motion, but it was still too quick to take the culprit's number, so I had to settle for wishing bad karma on them. I can laugh now, but not at the time.

Another really really petty thing I hate - cutting my toenails! They just seem to grow so quickly, and for some reason, I find it really irritating...

Comment

yeah a few times i try to jump them as long as they are4 not too high.
      hard to jump mate when you have bags if youcan use them as a shield.

not so bad if your near home when it happens but a few times ive splashed when ive been far away from home.

i never knew i had so many pet hates when i started this thread.

Originally posted by Tortie View Post
      I had this happen to me just before Christmas. I'd been to Leeds on the train and it's a (usually) pleasant half hour walk to / from the station to our home. On this occasion, however, it had started to rain really heavily between me getting on and off the train, but there was nothing for it but to put my head down, grit my teeth & get on with it. It wasn't particularly pleasant, but what I could have done without was the idiot who drove through a deep puddle at speed I kid you not, this solid tidal wave came up in the air and down all over me, soaking me from head to foot . Even worse, the water went into my bags, so some of the gifts I'd bought ended up all water-marked. It sort-of seemed to happen in slow motion, but it was still too quick to take the culprit's number, so I had to settle for wishing bad karma on them. I can laugh now, but not at the time.

Another really really petty thing I hate - cutting my toenails! They just seem to grow so quickly, and for some reason, I find it really irritating...
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

one i dont like is when your going past a big puddle cars seem to purposely drive into them to splash you.
        I did this to someone last year. Not deliberately I might add, but it was a perfect moment. Couldn't have done it better if I'd tried! There was a pot hole full of water that I didn't see and I went right into it just as a bloke was walking past and it went right over the top of him in a perfect arc. Normally I'd be mortified but I was in a really grumpy 'to hell with the world' mood and laughed my head off as I sped away. I could see him standing shaking his fist and attempting to run after me in the rear view mirror but no chance. He looked like he deserved it har har har.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          I did this to someone last year. Not deliberately I might add, but it was a perfect moment. Couldn't have done it better if I'd tried! There was a pot hole full of water that I didn't see and I went right into it just as a bloke was walking past and it went right over the top of him in a perfect arc. Normally I'd be mortified but I was in a really grumpy 'to hell with the world' mood and laughed my head off as I sped away. I could see him standing shaking his fist and attempting to run after me in the rear view mirror but no chance. He looked like he deserved it har har har.
          So it was you! JUst you wait!
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I'm sure deliberately driving through puddles to soak people is actually illegal, something to do with driving without due care and attention?

Comment

motorists on mobile phones whilst driving

Comment

im sure thats true.

smoking whil driving.
                been in a car with someone who did it.

Originally posted by Gothic View Post
                I'm sure deliberately driving through puddles to soak people is actually illegal, something to do with driving without due care and attention?

Comment

Smokers who seem to think it's not littering dropping their cigarette butts in the street and chucking them out of car windows, I assume cars don't come with ashtrays these days.
                  The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I got soaked good and proper the last time we had snow, a bus went past and splashed a load of slush all over me! It was a Monday morning too, was not amused

Another problem I've been having on my walks have been drivers who fail to indicate when they're about to turn left or right. I'm stood like a lemon waiting to cross the road thinking the car is going to go past me, only for the lazy bugger to turn left/right, by which time the traffic lights have changed which holds me up.

To hell with this keep fit lark I think it'll be back to the buses

Comment

Oh indeed i cant stand all those ciggie butts everywhere.
                      it most certainly is littering throwing them out there car windows.

a good 80 quid fine would stop it.

Originally posted by HG View Post
                      Smokers who seem to think it's not littering dropping their cigarette butts in the street and chucking them out of car windows, I assume cars don't come with ashtrays these days.

Comment

I always leave enough gap for the vehicle in front of me,but I hate it when someone behind me is up my backside,too many cars on the road no fun driving anymore,much prefered driving in the 80s

Comment

never did drive actually.
                          but yes ive seen a awful increase in people parking right up against each other.

i know a few people who it happens to.

and as usual it was better in the eighties.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                          I always leave enough gap for the vehicle in front of me,but I hate it when someone behind me is up my backside,too many cars on the road no fun driving anymore,much prefered driving in the 80s

Comment

Rain!!!.....I really hate rain atm Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-whacky028.gif
Views:	1
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	260371

Comment

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
                              Rain!!!.....I really hate rain atm [ATTACH=CONFIG]3733[/ATTACH]
                              Yes I know been tipping down all day we need warm sunshine to cheer us up

Comment

cant stand it when its hot.

and when ts very sticky and humid and there is not a breath of wind.

Comment

Working...
                                X