• Show
Clear All

• Christmas TV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	264175

I thought TV was better years ago but looking at this from '72' Im not so sure.

Frame.
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Re: Christmas TV.

That is pityful. Glad I have Cable now,at least I have a choice of other rubbish to watch. ha ha ha

Comment

It was automatically better in '72 because I was 8 and there's nothing better than Christmas when you're 8.

As for the TV. I was too busy playing with stuff to watch it back then and I'll probably be to busy mucking about with other stuff to watch it this year. Except for the Dr.Who Xmas special, even though it disappoints me, every time. But hey, they had The Stone Tape on BBC 2. That's a classic and would have probably scared the bejeebus out of me in '72.

Comment

Used to love Christmas day in the late 60 early 70 when they used to show the old, black and white silent movie compliation, Keaton, Laurel and Hardy Chaplin Billy Bevan Harold Lloyd. These Robert Youngson productions were fabulous much better than the **** that passes for comedy today. Gavin and Stacey, My Family, My Hero to name but a few. Do you thnk folks will remember these in 80 years time

Comment

But I was 14, then, so The Generation game was hilarious, and Morecombe and Wise and absolute must.

The Stone Tape was an absolute classic.

I don't think it's just because I'm more jaded and cynical (though I am) that today's television seems worse.
          Even with, or because of, the multiple channels: they have to fill all that screen time with something...

Christmasses vary, but it's usually the non-mainstream programmes which catch my eye.
          One year there was a great series of late-night films: Chinese ghosts and vampires. Bizarrre. Entertaining.
          "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

I would have been 5 but in those days we usually had an open house on christmas day so there'd have been family and neighbours in and out all day and night so tv wouldn't have mattered. I think it's fair to assume that ITV won the ratings war in 72.
            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
            X