Neighbours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours

Neighbours shaped a British generation with its tales of antipodean goings on in Ramsay street. In 1988 it seeped into the nation's consciousness and we began tossing prawns onto rain-sodden barbies, inflecting all our sentences into questions and giving birth to Kylies and Charlenes en masse.

But we loved them all...Scott and Charlene, Madge and Harold, Mrs Mangle, Paul, Jim, Mike, Shane, Henry, Jane, Des and Daphne, the three Lucys...

Your memories s'il vous plait
    1976 Vintage

Re: Neighbours

Scott changing from one actor to another,
    Scott and Mike in minute swimming trunks by the pool,
    Todd being run down by a car,
    Harold losing his memory,
    Bouncer being run over!
    The theme music being rearranged to a much poorer version.
    Last edited by Marine Boy; 09-12-2010, 23:57.

Comment

and im still watching it after near 25 yrs.
      and i love it as mch now as i ever have done.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Des and Daphnie were my favourites! Along with Mrs Mangle and Madge! A great programme in the 80's. not watched it since the early 90's. Thought it lost it personally.
        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I watched it a lot from 1987-93, but eventually I was too busy (mostly studying for my GCSE's) to watch it.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Someone mentioned in the Neighbours trading cards thread that Neighbours was really popular in Australia. Quite surprised at that. I always thought it was just a z-rate sons and daughters-type show down under that they weren't interested in and that it ony reached epic popularity in the UK. Perhaps it was the boomerang effect (sorry, couldn't help myself ).
            1976 Vintage

Comment

i heard tricky its so popular in oz.
              its actually hugely popular here in the uk.
              ive not missed more than 100 episodes since it started in 85.
              never knew there where trading cards.

Comment

G'Day.

I used to watch Neighbours - but then the police confiscated my binoculars! (Thankyouverymuch!)

But seriously, I gave up watching it in the '90s, but it was one of those programmes I couldn't avoid around the late '80s / early '90s. I remember Harold Bishop's son, who was hilarious, played as a junior version of Harold. Can't remember the name of the character now though.
                "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

It was David Bishop, I can't remember him being in it much, apart from the time he had a makeover & ended up with a punkish hairdo.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                    It was David Bishop, I can't remember him being in it much, apart from the time he had a makeover & ended up with a punkish hairdo.

thats right.
                    david his wife and their daughter where all killed in a plane crash.

Comment

Havent watched Neighbours since it switched to Channel 5, I have flicked it on once or twice but by now I'm so out of the loop and I only recognise a handfull of characters. Neighbours had some fantastically silly storylines though. Anybody remember 'Afro' Harold Bishop? How about Toadie's career as a masked pro wrestler going by the name of 'Lawman'? Not to mention the legend that is Doctor Karl Kennedy, that fella has a hell of a cult following.

Libby Kennedy was my fave character......for obvious reasons. Anybody know if she's still knocking about in Ramsey Street these days?

Comment

I went to see the King's Speech the other night in which Guy Pearce stars as King Edward VIII. He's done very well for himself hitting the big time but as soon as he appeared all I could think was "OMG it's Mike from Neighbours!"
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                          I went to see the King's Speech the other night in which Guy Pearce stars as King Edward VIII. He's done very well for himself hitting the big time but as soon as he appeared all I could think was "OMG it's Mike from Neighbours!"
                          he has been in a few hollywood films since he left neighbours.
                          well i think he has.
                          thee is one in particular i remember.
                          but not the name of it.

Comment

Alan Dale seems to have turned up in a few things in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              he has been in a few hollywood films since he left neighbours.
                              well i think he has.
                              thee is one in particular i remember.
                              but not the name of it.
                              It must be strange being an actor and only being associated with your most popular role when it wasn't necessarily your finest hour. Poor Guy, even if he pulls in a load of Oscars he'll always be Mike from Neighbours to me. Depends on how you look at it though. I think it's far better to be well-loved for a mediocre (or terrible) thing than temporarily admired for some fleeting award-winning classic.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                              X