Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me identify a soft drink from the early 80's or very late 70's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me identify a soft drink from the early 80's or very late 70's.

When I was a very young kid, I remember drinking this great fizzy drink that came in a glass bottle with a rounded rather than sloped tapering to the cap, /opening (a bit like rounded milk bottles (but smaller), but with drink bottle top. The bottle was a smallish one for one person rather than being a large bottle to share. The bottle label was made of a spongy polystyrene, foam or cardboard and printed with bright colours. This spongy label started after the sloped tapering and folded slightly over the underside of the bottle, to cushion the bottom of the bottle from knocks.

As a kid I was convinced this great drink was a Monster Much one, and desperately tried to seek it out again, coercing my mum to go back to the shop to no avail. We even asked the shop keeper, I described it but got funny confused looks. I was between 4 to 6 at the time which would have made it somewhere between 1979 to 1982.

Even back then I remember my mum having no memory of actually buying a monster much fizzy drink (or anything like I'm describing) for me and this was after only a few days of the purchase. After all this time I still have not worked out what it was, or if it ever existed. I was even convinced by my mother that I must have dreamt of the drink and not really had it. However, from then and till now I'm convinced that it was not my imagination, and that there was a monster munch fizzy drink, or something that that a for lad of about 5 looked similar to the monster much brand.

What was this mystery elusive drink I had? Did I have it? Was it a trail, or something that never took off and sold for a very brief period?

An example of this bottle is shown below, the label is very inaccurate but I do have vague recollections these colours were on it. The beige part is the foam/ polystyrene/ spongy card wrapper. Where the wrapper followed the contours of the bottle, each end of the wrapper it had little creases in it which were probably the results of the labelling manufacturing process.
    Last edited by Scottie_UK; 11-12-2010, 23:23.

Re: Help me identify a soft drink from the early 80's or very late 70's.

Hi Scottie it was called Monster Fizz http://cobwebbedroom.blogspot.com/search?q=drink (scroll down a little bit)
    Heather

Comment

here is a piccy
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0322.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	259856Monster Fizz. cant remember it myself. Hope this is helpful
      Last edited by barry21; 12-12-2010, 21:39.

Comment

That's the one. It's funny after all these years of doubt, I can finally tell my mother I'm not mad.

Comment

I'll tell you what that's not a bad memory considering how old I was and how long ago that was. The colours are almost correct if in the wrong order.

Comment

You certainly can tell your mum about you not being mad!!
            Its funny how some things stay with us, so well done for remembering.

Comment

Working...
            X