Do You Remember the Early computers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody Remember this Arcade Game?

Does anybody remember Rush & Crash it was an arcade game that was really addictive but so hard to move on to the next level!! I must have spent a fortune on it!!!

http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=rus...detail&id=2277

Comment

Re: Anybody Remember this Arcade Game?

Originally posted by lifestyle2011 View Post
      Does anybody remember Rush & Crash it was an arcade game that was really addictive but so hard to move on to the next level!! I must have spent a fortune on it!!!

http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=rus...detail&id=2277
      not one i remember mate.
      at least it was a challenge.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Do You Remember the Early computers??

We had the ZX Spectrum and a book full of games that took ages to type in. Then we got an Amstrad with the tape player in the keyboard. Now, with having a games-mad son, the house is full with 2 Wiis, a PS2, an X-Box, Gameboy Advance XP, 2 Gamecubes, a DSi and a laptop... crazy...
        Because in a split second, it's gone
        Ayrton Senna WDC 1988,1990 & 1991 sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F1fangirl View Post
          We had the ZX Spectrum and a book full of games that took ages to type in. Then we got an Amstrad with the tape player in the keyboard. Now, with having a games-mad son, the house is full with 2 Wiis, a PS2, an X-Box, Gameboy Advance XP, 2 Gamecubes, a DSi and a laptop... crazy...
          but have u any of those old consoles jaki.
          i have a speccy,c64,c64c,wii,GC,JAP SNES,PAL EURO SNES,NES,N64.
          and over seventy games and more between these consoles.

Comment

Unfortunately not darren... have moved house a lot since back then and I don't have a clue what happened to them!
            Because in a split second, it's gone
            Ayrton Senna WDC 1988,1990 & 1991 sigpic

Comment

I had an Acorn Electron at home and used an Amstrad 1512 at work.

One of you guys mentioned SuperCalc. I remember that very well. And WordStar. I still have my notes from my WordStar class in 1987!
              The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Originally posted by F1fangirl View Post
                Unfortunately not darren... have moved house a lot since back then and I don't have a clue what happened to them!
                Would u ever think of getting them old consoles again Jaki.
                I could give u a few websites that sell all sorts of old consoles and games.

Comment

Used to love the old computers, I remember the Commodore Pet at school with its green screen (at least I think thats how I remember it), and using my cousins texas TI994A while being amazed at the games that were available at the time, would spend hours on the early classix, it's funny how we didn't mind the loading times in those days.

Comment

I remember my old Amstrad. Tapes took what seemed like a decade to load (To hyperactive children off their faces on blue smarties and panda pop!) and an Enter key that stuck all the time, so my dad had to carefully persuade it out with a butter knife every now and again! Amstrad 464, got it for £20 off a fellow NHS Nurse in 1996 with fruit boxes of stuff with it, I wish I still had it. I clearly remember a painting by numbers game, and an electric circuit wiring up game. It certainly left an impact! Cursed with a life-long interest in electronics due to it!
                    If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

Amstrad 8526 and 8512 in 1985 at work. Locoscript, yes, and Cardbox was the prerunner to Database, I guess. The keyboard had a plus and minus key either side of the space bar, to turn on and off bold, italic etc. No idea why he didn't build it with a toggle key instead ...

But before that, I had an Olivetti EV3 electronic typewriter, with an LCD screen. C1982, I guess. Did a typing exam on it at school.

Comment

my first comp was the zx81 i remember it like it was yester day a star for a zombie and a x for u great retro stuff
                        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

i remember the early computers well, i used to play the Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2, with the built in tape deck, all the time at my cousin's in the late 80s.

then in 1992 i got a Commodore 64C, which gave me hours and hours of fun, despite my dad having a Mega Drive that i always played too, i still loved my C64 cos it was my first computer.

Comment

daz send us that website mate still buy them and be interesting to see if cheaper than ebay and amazon
                            Originally posted by darren View Post
                            Would u ever think of getting them old consoles again Jaki.
                            I could give u a few websites that sell all sorts of old consoles and games.

Comment

Originally posted by barry21 View Post
                              My first computer was a ZX81 and it had a expansion pack which boosted the memory to 16k!!!!
                              The second computer was a ZX spectrum 125 the one with the tape deck attatched.
                              I had a Sega master system which I still have and it does work!!
                              The Sega Mega system which still works as well,I did have the cd add on but that was a joke!!!
                              The Atari 2800 is a nice console which introduced me to centipede. And yes,mine still works!!!
                              Next was the Playstation 1 and 2.
                              now we have the Pc, the first was an old IBM running windows 95. No i got rid of that just in case you are wondering!!!!
                              I recall a lot you mention here Barry yeah. It's amazing to think how Computers changed after about 1995 I think in just nearly 20 years (give or take a year or two)

A friend at School was so into his playing his Nintendo around this time, but I never thought that computers would enhance in the way they did. I recall going to College in the middle-late 90s and discs were still being used to back up work - now all you have to do his press save and saves it to the computer. It's a marvel that computers have changed in this way, but it's at scary cost regards discs are so less used etc. If only I could find some discs like so that "lead the way" as it where and gave you hints on imput on data etc as opposed to the new way's that have taken over - that'd be great.

Comment

ive been on the xbox on the new call off duty and i said to girlfriend how amazing the graphics are compared to the old consoles how time has taken over i still go on the old consoles just to play the classics but its scary to see what they will be able to do soon
                                if some one said to me when i first got my zx81 that ill be playing online with the world next step i would of laughed in there faces
                                carnt beat a bit of retro now and again though

Comment

Working...
                                X