Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black and white checked cube that unfolded....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and white checked cube that unfolded....

Hi,
    Can anyone remember a toy that when folded up was a black and white checked cube and when you unfolded it the inside was made of coloured pyramids. You could make various objects by folding it.
    I'm sorry I can't be more descriptive.. if anyone can give me a web address or two of pics of the toy or even the toy for sale I would be grateful!
    Regards,
    Jared

thats blast from the past! i had one of those now it's bugging me

Comment

wasnt it by the makers of the rubiks cube???
      Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

Wasn't that a Rubik's Snake? I had a beige and brown one. It sort of came as a ball shape but you could make stuff with it. And of course you could race your friends to put it back into a ball again. I think it took about 7 seconds with practise.

http://www.charisdiscs.com/product/RUBIKSN

Comment

Not sure if it's that one, I had one too and if I remember correctly, they were a rubik's invention. If it's the same one that I'm thinking of, it was a cube and when opened, it came apart into two bits with multicoloured pyramids inside. Great fun, had me amused for hours.

[Edit] I've just checked the rubiks archive and I can't see anything like that in there, so maybe it wasn't rubiks.

Comment

I had something very much sounds like that, mine had green and pink pyramids (and possibly silver) inside. Allways thought/assumed it was Rubiks although Rubiks did spawn an army of imitations. Sorry i cant be of more help.

Woff

Comment

Yes I know what you mean - I still have mine somewhere -I'll see if I can get a photo of it - basically the thing split into 2 sections and when together they kind of flopped over each other

Comment

Ok the puzzle was called the Shinsei Miracle by Naoki Yoshimoto - a few fly out on ebay every now and again

Comment

Had a look on eBay, That's still not he one that I had. It might be the same as the other guys had, but I'll keep searching

Comment

I had one of those too. I`m sure it was called Rubiks pyramid or something like that. If it`s the same one, was it all held together with a clear nylon wire..?

(Edit: just googled it and it certainly isnt the pyramid)

(Edit2: The one i had was the Rubiks Magic Rings) sorry.
                    Last edited by Pengy; 18-08-2006, 15:54.

Comment

whey hey - found mine after a bit of loft diving - yep it's definately by Naoki Yoshimoto - it says so on the sticker

now if I could only remember all those shapes

how do you post images or do you just have to link to them?

Comment

Actually, my mistake. That is the right one. I ebayed Shinsei miracle and the thing that I found certainly didn't look like that. But the one that you put up called the shinsei mystery is the same as the one that I had. Maybe the first one was in a different configuration to the one that I remember.

Thanks Mr. Smurfer, I might even bid on one just for the sake of nostalgia. I'm going to quitting smoking soon and anything to occupy my hands will make it easier and from what I remember of these little puzzle games, they were very handleable and easy to play with absentmindedly.

Comment

Shinsei Miracle thats the fella, ahh the memories :-)

Comment

Re: Black and white checked cube that unfolded....

Originally posted by Woffski View Post
                            Shinsei Miracle thats the fella, ahh the memories :-)

Thomas Salter 1982- Shinsei miracle
                            Attached Files
                            Heather

Comment

Re: Black and white checked cube that unfolded....

Shinsei mystery was the one i had i think. Similar to the miracle but in white plastic with red and black stickers.
                              Last edited by branny; 02-09-2009, 00:01.
                              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
                              X