Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Army Supplies

Hi,
    Does anyone out there remember a series of toys called Secret Army Supplies? They were toys that were modeled on different bits of military kit (torches, guns ect.) that would open up and turn into secret bases and battleships.

There were also story tapes of them that came with a magazine and were narrated by Andrew Sachs. The toys and tapes were made by Rainbow toys. I've looked everywhere and would love to get my hands on some!

Can anyone help?

Rich.

Re: Secret Army Supplies

I remember seeing the ads for these & in the shops.

If I had been a year or 2 younger I might have asked for one as a present.

I can remember one was a water bottle that turned into an aircraft carrier.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

From the Woolworths Big Toy Book from around 1988:

Comment

Hi! Very belated reply but I was having a clearout and have the swiss army knife one.. if you're interested in purchasing hit me up! spraycandesign@hotmail.com

Comment

I had that pistol. My cousin had a tank that opened out. I assume they were from the same range, they were bought for us by Grandparents visiting Canada back in 1991/92.

The gun was rubbish btw. It felt really tacky.

Comment

I had the pack of mini figures - it had the enemy force and good guys in equal numbers and various rubber black figure stands that had indents for the various poses the figures came in - you could move the legs up or down - the men were molded into poses but came in two parts - upper and lower legs. I remember some of them were molded with bald heads and no tops on, another looked like a hill billy type with a machete and some were molded in sat down poses etc - while others were molded like pilots or fully dressed soldiers - quite a naff toyline all in all I felt. They also sold under another name previously called 'Army Gear' by Galoob. Heres a pic of the figures I mentioned but mine came in 'Secret Army Supplies' packaging. I'm sure the ones that came with the deluxe sets i.e like in the pics above didn't have painted on features like flesh tone, hair colour or camo on their green or grey uniforms, just plain plastic, while the figures only pack did. I just thought it was naff all you could do was sit or stand them as the arms were static - they didn't move at all and the legs didn't move independently of one another. You can see the joint in the pic below...I got mine from Toys R Us years ago, think I threw them out in the end lol...

Comment

Working...
            X