Whirly Birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirly Birds

This was on in the early 60's. All I can really remember was it was about a helicopter piloted by two guys called Chuck and P.T. Were they cops or something? Would love to know if anybody else remembers it.

More...

Re: Whirly Birds

I remember it vaguely, but it must have been the 1970s because I wasn't born until 1969.

It was staple summer holiday fare along with Champion the Wonder Horse and Robinson Crusoe.

Comment

It was about crop spraying & police work set in the US
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I recall it being repeated by the BBC in the late 70s/early 80s during school holidays. It didn't strike me as being particularly exciting, but I suppose kids in the late 50s wouldn't be so familiar with helicopters as we are today, especially on TV programmes.

Comment

I remember it being on BBC2 on Sunday mornings in the late 1980s, possibly into the 90s.

The BBC seemed to dig up some really old material around that time, including the Flash Gordon film shorts & Undersea Kingdom.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Must have been mid to late 70s it was re-run, I had a die cast and plastic helicopter toy that looked like the helicopter in the show. Bubble cockpit and open framed tail.

Comment

Also on bbc mid 60s Ripcord, ah those were the days.

Comment

Other oldies that appeared regularly were Champion the Wonder Horse, The White Horses and Belle and Sebastian (I named my tortoises after them). Anyone remember The Aeronauts? It was a French series shown on the BBC about a couple of French air force pilots. It had a funky title song and spawned a kids annual circa 1973, which I had.

Comment

Working...
                X