Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noel Edmonds multi coloured annual

Hi all,

This is a bit of a long shot but I remember when I was younger having an annual with a particular story inside which I can remember parts of and would love to find and read again. (I'm pretty sure it was in a Noel Edmonds multi coloured annual but I may be wrong!)

All I can remember of the story was a boy and a girl go inside a really long passage or corridor and at the end is a painting/picture which scares them. At the time I found the story pretty spooky and for some reason I recently remembered it out of the blue and it's bugging me trying to find out if that's where the story came from and to read it again!

Does anyone have the annual and can confirm I'm not going mad?

Thanks!

Re: Noel Edmonds multi coloured annual

Hello. There were 4 Multi Coloured Swap shop annuals. Two of which are on sale on ebay. I contacted the seller of these two pictured below and he very kindly sat and went through them both. He sadly confirmed the story is not in the two books he has listed.

I will keep looking for the other two books and will post if I manage to find out more
    Heather

Comment

I have just looked in my copies of the other 2 Swap shop books and there doesn't seem to be a story like what you described. In the 3rd book is a story about a haunted bike and in the 4th a story about a lost village.

Comment

I hadn't thought of checking eBay - you're a star!

Been doing a bit of Googling and I'm pretty sure this is the Noel Edmonds annual I used to have, the 1979 one:

I'll have a go at tracking down a copy and seeing if I'm as mad as I expect, I'll let you know how I get on!

Comment

Oh brilliant!! that's excellent news, so glad we managed to help in some way
          That annual didn't come up under 'swap shop' of course.
          But I'm really pleased it prompted you to search further

Its on B.I.N on ebay at the moment http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/multi-Coloured...#ht_1890wt_982
          Heather

Comment

the above seller very kindly sent me this today, not complete but at least its proof its in there

Heather

Comment

I'm not as mad as I thought! Thank you for the detective work It's been haunting me trying to remember where the story came from and what it was about!

I found they have an Amazon storefront at: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/shops/sto...A3KVFTBE15BWP9 so I've ordered it from there (I don't have an ebay or paypal account), I'll scan the rest in when it arrives and post it here if there's any interest or I'm not breaking any rules?

Thanks again!

Comment

No,not breaking any rules at all, please do scan the rest I'll be interested to see it
                Heather

Comment

It arrived this morning and as promised, here's the rest of the story!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	259868

I've scanned the rest of the annual in and if anyone wants I'll post some more here.

For now, I'll leave you with some hot fashion tips from 1979:

Name:	Image35.jpg
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	259869Click image for larger version

Name:	Image36.jpg
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	259870

And the Radio one football team:

Name:	Image13.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	259871

Comment

We had the green one in our house I think. The only thing I can remember about it was that it had a feature about a rare Ford sports car (GT40 I believe), because Edmonds was a collector of rare sports cars.

Comment

I'd never seen the 'Swap Shop' annuals before but read about them in a recent book, then I got hold of the second 'Swap Shop' book - the red one in the picture on the second post in this thread - from a charity shop earlier this year. Quite a good reminder of those Saturday mornings of the late '70s and early '80s. I'll get hold of the others sooner or later.
                      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
                      X