Shampoo and soaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: shampoo and soaps

I've posted about this before but it seems to be lost in the depths of the DYR threads...

A shampoo I remember from the early 80's. A conical (?) bottle with indents for fingers (I'm sure a circular indent for thumb on one side then more on the other side for fingers. Solid plastic bottle, not transparent, definitely came in a green and pink version. The closest I can find is this 'body on tap' shampoo which also comes in a pink version but this isn't the bottle I remember. Does anybody know if this came in a different style of bottle?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	260484
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Re: Shampoo and soaps

We had big bottles of cheap family shampoo but I always wanted the stuff that was meant to smell of green apples - Woodley Green maybe? The ad had a woman with a pile of apples on her head.

Comment

Re: shampoo and soaps

check this.

http://youtu.be/tQYxketSIGk

i also found another bottle a white bottle with a brown screw top the bottle was not see through.
        it was body on top conditioner.
        it was a different shape to the bottle below.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
        I've posted about this before but it seems to be lost in the depths of the DYR threads...

A shampoo I remember from the early 80's. A conical (?) bottle with indents for fingers (I'm sure a circular indent for thumb on one side then more on the other side for fingers. Solid plastic bottle, not transparent, definitely came in a green and pink version. The closest I can find is this 'body on tap' shampoo which also comes in a pink version but this isn't the bottle I remember. Does anybody know if this came in a different style of bottle?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3909[/ATTACH]
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

here u go tricky didnt have time to post all these in the below post.

i also found another bottle a white bottle with a brown screw top the bottle was not see through.
          it was body on top conditioner.
          http://www.sanza.co.uk/pics/8311.jpg

here is another one.
          http://cdn1.igroup.co.za/dischem/150...1321630994.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_99X2a20ytB...y-on-tap-1.jpg
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

This just popped into my mind.

On Christmas day I used carbolic soap for the first time in many many years.
            I think it was Lifebuoy, but i'm not sure.
            The smell brought back so many memories.
            That smell stayed with me for the rest of the day.

Comment

Pears
              Zest
              Wrights Coal Tar Soap
              Shield
              Imperial Leather

Just a few I remember using, we don't even have soap in our house now, just that hand-wash stuff.

Comment

I was in an old fashioned hardware store at the weekend, one of those that sells everything and they had Lifebuoy and carbolic soap. I had a niff of the Lifebuoy and didn't like it. It was strong and medicinal smelling but the red carbolic was as I remembered and I bought a bar. They also had green carbolic soap which didn't smell as strong. I'd never come across that before.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Re: what happened to ?

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                  Who remembers body shop novelty soaps? For a time no Christmas went by without me getting a selection from an aunt. Shaped like fruit and very scented but a bit small to be practical. I used to keep them for ages just to smell them.
                  I do! I loved them and had a huge collection of them

Also remember the various different bottles for Matey bath bubbles which sadly seem to have all but died out

Comment

Re: what happened to ?

Originally posted by screamqueen View Post
                    I do! I loved them and had a huge collection of them

Also remember the various different bottles for Matey bath bubbles which sadly seem to have all but died out
                    I've still got a Top Gear Stig soap on a rope from a few Xmases ago I've still not opened.

My cousins used to collect bubble bath bottles, including the Matey ones.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by janw2000 View Post
                      i remember the three wishes soap we also used lux sometimes pears soap, and my mum would always wash our hair in vosene shampoo, it had a really strong smell ,like dettol . When she ran out of it , she would send us up the shop for a sachet of sunsilk shampoo.
                      I remember my mum putting her hair in curlers and getting out the setting lotion in a blue bottle. We also had omo washing powder , flash floor cleaner and remember vim !
                      Can anyone recall that ad for Vosene which said it was 'good for mums'? I've got a vague recollection of it.
                      "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Do they still make Vosene in its iconic green bottle? - cue Michael Jayston doing the voiceover in the advert.
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                          Do they still make Vosene in its iconic green bottle? - cue Michael Jayston doing the voiceover in the advert.
                          The second ad in this commercial break is for Vosene, Michael Jayston is doing the voiceover, does the tune sound at all familiar to anyone?https://youtu.be/Bo5m_p9arsk
                          "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Been buying Alberto balsam coconut & Lychee shampoo for years just for the smell, reminds me of being on holiday
                            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Pears soap fan here ..

I’ve used TGel shampoo for over 50 years ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It's Dove soap for me and Wash & Go shampoo, i also use a separate hair conditioner as i have very long hair.

Comment

Working...
                                X