The Martian Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Martian Chronicles

Based on Ray Bradbury's novel, 'The Martian Chronicles' was a three-part mini-series that starred Rock Hudson as the head of a group of colonists on Mars. A nuclear war back on Earth means that they suddenly become all that is left of Mankind. It managed to be a cut above most American sci-fi of that time, such as 'Buck Rogers' and 'B.S.G'. The series aired on NBC in January, 1980.

More...

Re: The Martian Chronicles

Oh yeah, I remember this. Initially, the Martians just killed the humans, but as more ships came they tried to trick them with hallucinations, but then the humans just killed off all the Martians and colonised the planet.

Then the place became polluted with litter and stuff, and the Rock Hudson character starts wondering whether it was all worth the trouble just to bring human problems to a pristine new planet.

Comment

Now available init's entirety on youtube.

Comment

I remember watching this at the time. It was trailed for a long time and there was a lot of build up to the programme. I remember it was very long, pretty boring at times and red. Lots of red.

Comment

Thought this was great at the time ( I was about 17 ). Watched it recently on You Tube and like many things, the original does not live up to the childhood memory, but that's just part of getting old lol.

Comment

My that chocolate pudding looks good....

No wait!!!!

Comment

Rock Hudson was in it!
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
              X