Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open All Hours

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    I like Open All Hours more I think Darren. I have always liked it but not 100% all the time if that makes any sense. Yeah you are correct it gave us 2 of the very best comedians in Ronnie Barker and david Jason and I rate them both very highly, even David Jason in his serious roles in Frost etc, but somehow I never liked Ronnie Barker and David Jason together in this one but give me Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett in "The 2 Ronnie's" and they are both completley hilarious together and bounce off each other amazingly!

People (and rightly so) though can say Morecambe & Wise, Ken Dodd (horrid guy who I can not not abide watching) etc are the best comedians but the 2 Ronnie's are simply amzing I think and no comedian/s will ever get close for many many years (if ever to them) I think.
    u feel barker and jason did not work as well together as say barker and corbett and other double acts.

it goes to show not just any two comedians/actors no matter how good they are necessarily work.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Whenever I watch repeats of it I like spotting all the old packaging in the 'store'...yesterday I saw old Airel Hand Wash powder and Mr Kiplings individual pies boxes, remember the old brand logo with the white briefcase on the top right saying 'Mr Kipling'? I saw Apple Pies and Blackcurrant and Apple boxes...

I often remember this site when I see the nostalgic packing....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
        Whenever I watch repeats of it I like spotting all the old packaging in the 'store'...yesterday I saw old Airel Hand Wash powder and Mr Kiplings individual pies boxes, remember the old brand logo with the white briefcase on the top right saying 'Mr Kipling'? I saw Apple Pies and Blackcurrant and Apple boxes...

I often remember this site when I see the nostalgic packing....lol.
        ha yes indeed.
        to be honest i never thought of really looking what was on the shelves.
        So i watched an episodwe and hey presto i saw mr kiplings individual pie boxes amongst other things.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
        X