Retro Xmas Gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Xmas Gifts

Did anyone get any retro gifts this year?

I got a musical Bagpuss! He was a very dear childhood love
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Re: Retro Xmas Gifts

I got a Stylophone from my brother. He keeps buying me novelty gifts. I got a flashing Space Invaders t-shirt last year. Unfortunately, I tend to be quite environmental nowadays so I don't like novelty presents and I tend to give them away to charity. I gave the t-shirt away (you couldn't wash it because it had electronics in it) and I think the Stylophone will be going the same way.

I would be nowhere near as good as these chaps on the new Stylophone BeatBox anyway:

Comment

Bizarrely, I got a football rattle! Though this was even thought 'retro' when I started going to football in 1977. Maybe now it's so retro, it's back in, though I can see some Elf and Safety issues.

Comment

I got one of those clocks with the spinning balls in the bottom! My dad picked it up at a car boot sale after I'd been going on about them. Trouble is I'm not sure if he meant it as a joke or not so I've had to put it in my living room and it is hideous!
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
          Did anyone get any retro gifts this year?

I got a musical Bagpuss! He was a very dear childhood love
          none for christmas but getting some in a week or so.
          musical bagpuss never heard of that.
          did you get it from hawkins bazarr.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Does shortbread count?

When I saw the title of the thread I was half expecting to read about your 3 points against Chelsea (well it is a while since you beat em)
            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post

When I saw the title of the thread I was half expecting to read about your 3 points against Chelsea (well it is a while since you beat em)
              That was a belated retro pressie, Branny . And can I just say at this point, 'WOO HOO!'
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                musical bagpuss never heard of that.
                did you get it from hawkins bazarr.
                Yes, Darren, my son did buy it from Hawkins Bazaar.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stockportyears View Post
                  Bizarrely, I got a football rattle! Though this was even thought 'retro' when I started going to football in 1977. Maybe now it's so retro, it's back in, though I can see some Elf and Safety issues.
                  I still have a homemade footy rattle from the early 70s.
                  I used it then, but I can't imagine it would be allowed now.
                  Mind you I never managed to hit anyone with it accidentally!
                  sigpic

Comment

Before we did Kris Kingle, and everybody in the family bought for everybody else, I got a pair of furry dice for the car.
                    Did anyone ever get Simon since its early 80s heyday ?

BTW thanks, admin, for wishing me a happy birthday. I suppose Christmas is a time for concern for the elderly.

Comment

Do you know in 34 years I've never heard of Kris Kringle? I was wondering who he was and what Aidanagain's family had done to the poor bloke. On to google and it turns out he's Secret Santa aka the bran tub. Well you live and you learn! And while I'm on the subject, what does a bran tub have to do with any of it?
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

I got an original copy of 'The Goodies File' book and a Retro Baffle Ball(My step son's, not original too expensive on eBay)

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62 View Post
                          I got an original copy of 'The Goodies File' book and a Retro Baffle Ball(My step son's, not original too expensive on eBay)
                          I had the Goodies File, that is such a funny book.

Forgotten what was funny, but I remember it made me laugh out loud. Please feel free to scan and post any pages to here, you know, if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                            Do you know in 34 years I've never heard of Kris Kringle? I was wondering who he was and what Aidanagain's family had done to the poor bloke. On to google and it turns out he's Secret Santa aka the bran tub. Well you live and you learn! And while I'm on the subject, what does a bran tub have to do with any of it?
                            Trickyvee have you never seen the film Miracle on 34th Street?

A bran tub is what you get lucky dip presents out of - I suppose it's the idea of getting a random, anonymous gift. Secret Santa is just a cost cutting exercise isn't it?
                            "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Working...
                            X