Bob Dylan at Blackbushe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Dylan at Blackbushe

Did anyone here attend the Bob Dylan concert at Blackbushe airport July 78 ?

As a big fan of Dylans I didn't believe it when a friend told me that Dylan would be playing a concert just up the road. A brilliant day out with Clapton also on the bill.

Re: Bob Dylan at Blackbushe

I dont' recall the concert but your post got my attention as I was brought up only a couple of miles away from Blackbush; in Frimley. I would have been 16 at the time of the concert. I remember Blackbush more for its massive market and the British Car Auctions, before they relocated.

Comment

My wife was at that concert in Blackbush in '78......unfortunately she got so stoned she can't remember any details......
      I got to see Dylan a few weeks before when he appeared at Earls Court...........one of the highlights of my life......

Cheers
      Sgt S

Comment

I was there and to be honest thought Dylan was rubbish,thankfully Clapton and Parker more than made up for it!

Comment

I was there. i drove down from newcastle overnight, so excited as it was the first time i saw bob. it was a hot day and we all got very stoned! graham parker and the rumour were great, eric was ok, joan armatrading was very disappointing i thought. bob was fantastic obviously, great band and street legal is a great album. about half way through his set he brought out a guitar player saying "you probably don't know this guy yet, but you soon will.." my mate says it was stevie ray vaughan. does anyone else remember this,or is it false memory syndrome/wishful thinking??

Comment

I'd have loved to have seen Dylan then...........I saw him at hammersmith odeon in 1990..........magic!

Comment

I remember Eric Clapton coming out and playing with him. What a great day, I was 17 and I hitched all the way down and all the back home to the Midlands.

Comment

Someone I worked with is a MASSIVE Bob Dylan fan........I know he saw him at Blackbushe & The IOW and numerous times since.

He even sends him a birthday card and gets his wife to bake a cake on his birthday.

Comment

Working...
                X