Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Fave Female Athletes/Gymnast's?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    776

    Default Re: Fave Female Athletes/Gymnast's?

    Oh and that Aussie hurdles girl who prances around to warm up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: Fave Female Athletes/Gymnast's?

    Paula Creamer golf and Sabine Lisicki tennis, oh mama

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,260

    Default Re: Fave Female Athletes/Gymnast's?

    There was a female Scottish athlete called Lee McConnell that I managed to watch her doing a New Year message when I switched over to BBC Two Scotland on my Sky Digibox on New Year's Day 2011 - she was doing the annual Resolutions message for BBC Scotland while other parts of the UK got Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams doing his New Year message that I saw earlier on BBC One. Her appearance on screen was fantastic!

    I wrote to the Scottish Athletics Association soon afterwards, saying that I was huge fan of McConnell and asked for an agents' address so that I could send her a picture to be autographed. They responded, my picture went in the post and came back signed a couple of weeks later - I bet that she was surprised that I was watching BBC Two Scotland as far south as the East Midlands as well!
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    12,132

    Default Re: Fave Female Athletes/Gymnast's?

    THATS GREAT THAT YOU ACTUALLY GOT IT SIGNED AT ALL.



    Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    There was a female Scottish athlete called Lee McConnell that I managed to watch her doing a New Year message when I switched over to BBC Two Scotland on my Sky Digibox on New Year's Day 2011 - she was doing the annual Resolutions message for BBC Scotland while other parts of the UK got Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams doing his New Year message that I saw earlier on BBC One. Her appearance on screen was fantastic!

    I wrote to the Scottish Athletics Association soon afterwards, saying that I was huge fan of McConnell and asked for an agents' address so that I could send her a picture to be autographed. They responded, my picture went in the post and came back signed a couple of weeks later - I bet that she was surprised that I was watching BBC Two Scotland as far south as the East Midlands as well!
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    12,132

    Default Re: Fave Female Athletes/Gymnast's?

    THINK YOU MEAN SALLY PEARSON




    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Oh and that Aussie hurdles girl who prances around to warm up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

  6. #46

    Default Re: Fave Female Athletes/Gymnast's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald the Great View Post
    You guys probably do not know of these Aussies women.
    Margaret Court, Evonne Goolagong (tennis)
    Heather McKay (squash)
    "The Golden Girl" Betty Cuthbert, Marjorie Jackson (athletics)
    Dawn Fraser (swimming)

    I know of Margaret Court and remember watching Yvonne Goolagong on TV in the 70s.

    Dawn Fraser, yes I have heard of her, and didn't they make a film of her life?

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,260

    Default Re: Fave Female Athletes/Gymnast's?

    Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    THATS GREAT THAT YOU ACTUALLY GOT IT SIGNED AT ALL.

    I got out my recording of that New Year Message today and watched it again. She was born in 1978 just like myself.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    776

    Default Re: Fave Female Athletes/Gymnast's?

    Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    THINK YOU MEAN SALLY PEARSON

    https://youtu.be/qDC86M0qRpQ



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,574

    Default Re: Fave Female Athletes/Gymnast's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Oh and that Aussie hurdles girl who prances around to warm up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Michelle Jenneke. She look great but sadly her talent does not match her beauty. But what a bod.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,574

    Default Re: Fave Female Athletes/Gymnast's?

    Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    I know of Margaret Court and remember watching Yvonne Goolagong on TV in the 70s.

    Dawn Fraser, yes I have heard of her, and didn't they make a film of her life?
    Yes they did make a bio-pic of Dawn. Called Dawn from memory. The most amazing and least known of all those athletes was Heather McKay. This squash phenomenon won the British Open.. considered the unofficial world championship ..an incredible 16 successive times. She was undefeated at world level from 1962 until her retirement in 1981.. 19 years!!!
    Last edited by Donald the Great; 24-09-2018 at 01:33.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 23:12
  2. Female Singers
    By amethyst in forum Member's lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13-07-2011, 23:15
  3. what are members fave horror films
    By darren in forum Movies
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 10:13
  4. What's Your Fave Film Quote?
    By MommaMystique in forum Member's lounge
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 20:08
  5. Female singer who wears glasses
    By fatammer in forum Bands
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 18-12-2007, 18:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •