Tracy Comic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracy Comic

Can anyone remember any of the strips in this comic ? My sister used to buy it and I used to read some of the stories even though it was a girls comic ! I can remember one that may have been called My Friend Floppity about a girl and her rabbit and another story involving a girl who fell off a train platform and suddenly changed into some nasty bad tempered girl. Or I may be remembering this all wrong !

Re: Tracy Comic

I vaguely remember the Tracy comic but not any specific stories from it, sorry.
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Lots of copies for sale on Ebay, but all just show the cover of the comic, every single one featured a blonde girl (Tracy I suppose) and a blue budgie.

Heather

Comment

Do you remember stories called Angela, Cave Girl, Elton's Cousin Cuthbert ( the blue budgie), Sporty Sue and Swanky Frankie?
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I remember Tracy and her blue budgie. It joined up with Debbie comic eventually...(remember that one? She had long brown hair in a ponytail and she had a little sister Maisie). I don't think it ran for too many years. I can't remember any of the stories from it unfortunately. I think there used to be free gifts regularly enough with it.

Comment

I used to love Tracy comic!! I began getting it soon after it started, and I got it till I was 18. (Yeah, my friends at school thought I was weird!) Had to get rid of most of them but I still have a couple.

I'm sure I still have the one with the opening part of "My Friend Flippety". He was a baby hare with a floppy ear, found and kept in secret by a girl called Debbie who lived with a ghastly aunt, uncle and cousins. I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

Publishers DC Thomson had a strange fondness for girls comics which had actual girls names. Aside from Tracy (which actually had a quite respectable 277 issue run from October '79 to January '85), there was also Mandy, Judy, Debbie, Nikki...

Comment

I was close with Floppity lol ! Thank god someone else remembers this ! I'd love to see that again after all these years. I can remember the nasty uncle.

Comment

Originally posted by steve242526 View Post
                  I was close with Floppity lol ! Thank god someone else remembers this ! I'd love to see that again after all these years. I can remember the nasty uncle.
                  I know this is an old post but here's a page of "My Friend Flippity" drawn by Andrew Wilson. It was reprinted in Judy with different title "Lonely"

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X