Here's Lucy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's Lucy

US Sitcom starring Lucille Ball who played character Lucy Carter. The show featured her real life son and daughter and Uncle Harry was played by Gayle Gordon. The sitcom aired between 1968 & 1974 and was hugely popular, this was a follow on from the previous sitcom 'The Lucy Show' aired between 1967 &1968 also starring Lucille Ball. As usual Lucy gets herself into all kinds of trouble. The show was famous for the presence of many guest stars including Shelley Winters, Richard Burton, Petula Clark, Elisabeth Taylor, Dean Martin and Ginger Rogers to name but a few and whom a number of these guests were actual friends of the actress. Great series but what series wasn't if it had Lucille Ball in it!

More...

Re: Here's Lucy

I have very happy memories watching this show with the family, when I was around 10 and 11 years old. 'Here's Lucy' along with 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' are the american TV comedies of the time that stand out most for me.

Comment

The even earlier I Love Lucy (1951-7) is normally regarded by TV historians as a benchmark for sitcoms.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yes I watched this along with The Beverly Hillbillies, The Munsters and The Addams Family. Great kid's tv then.
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
          Yes I watched this along with The Beverly Hillbillies, The Munsters and The Addams Family. Great kid's tv then.
          was going to put links up to these but as they are sixties shows i did not do it.

but these they are all really top kids shows.

american, kids tv and british lids tv shows are just not as good now.

i can be seen watching loads of kids shows i loved from the seventies, eighties, and nineties early in the mornings.

i just feel kids tb shows now have lost that magic.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Good memories of these Lucy shows. The last time I saw any was when C4 showed some on Saturday mornings possibly late 80s. I think they were from the 50s series, or at least the ones I saw were, though they were in colour.

Comment

Working...
            X