the worst band you ever saw live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the worst band you ever saw live

Continuing the rock theme, Therapy were great on vinyl but live it was like watching three geography teachers teaching history- uninspiring to the max! They all held the 'legs wide apart' stance for the entire gig- I swear none of them moved their feet at all. Supportwas Cop Shoot Cop who were pretty good.
    I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Retrogames View Post
      Continuing the rock theme, Therapy were great on vinyl but live it was like watching three geography teachers teaching history- uninspiring to the max! They all held the 'legs wide apart' stance for the entire gig- I swear none of them moved their feet at all. Supportwas Cop Shoot Cop who were pretty good.
      I used to like Therapy back in the day but recently tried to listen to Troublegum again and I had to turn it off, definitely hasn't grew with me.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I saw Wizzard in the early seventies and was very disappointed, one band member was missing and they only seemed to play for about 30mins, but I had had enough by then

Comment

Worst one for me was Elvis Costello at the Southampton gaumant. Not that the singing or music was bad or anything like that, it's just that we went through a stage of just going to concerts for the hell of it. I'd never particularly liked his music I just didn't really 'get it'.......was bored ****less.

I must say though, before the concert, we went in to the pub next door to the venue to have a pint and Elvis's keyboard player was having a swift fag and pint playing on the fruity.....don't think you get that too much anymore

Comment

Lo and behold Elvis Costello & The Attractions have just appeared on a 1978 edition of TOTPS on bbc4

Comment

i wouldnt go see any one that i didnt like so im going say every band i hate lol
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Saw the Happy Mondays reunion tour (another one) about 11 years ago (I think) at the M.E.N arena they weren't brilliant put it that way.

Comment

Never actually ever been to any live concerts, as I suffer from hypersensitive hearing and can't cope with the volume. The most I can cope with are folk gigs- seen some pretty diabolical folk acts, but can't remember who they were and that's probably the reason why!!

Comment

Saw the Waterboys in Holland in 1998 and they were abysmal live. My mate heard Mike Scott sing at Glastonbury some years ago and said the same thing. I liked 'The whole of the moon' but can't get into the Waterboys though. A bit too pretentious for my tastes.

"Leave everything to me"

"You're the toerag that thumped the officer at Rowley"

Comment

I seem to have been quite lucky with live gigs as saw most major pop acts throughout the 80's and they all delivered great shows...stopped going to gigs a long time ago however cause I've got no-one to go with! The last two I went to were major disappointments so maybe that's what's put me off. 1991 -Runrig at the Hammersmith Palais (I think) had heard so much about them live...perhaps it was the venue... there was no atmosphere and their whole performance was, dare I say it, too polished & professional. The worst one was Meat-Loaf in 2004 when he collapsed back stage and the concert was aborted after 15 minutes. Never did get my money back!

Comment

"John Gormley and the Triangles", They were playing in a pub in Ormskirk back in 1995. Good god they were awful a bunch of 1960's washed up Hippies who thought they where as big as the beatles back in the day, I found out later the were only a pub band. LOL, Their front man John Gormley could not shut up about all these "famous people" he knew, what a dreamer. LOL.

Comment

Modern Romance were pretty dire. Not sure why I bothered in the first place.
                          "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                            He also wasn't suggesting Fish was bad, rather Otway & Barrett
                            I saw John Otway at The Hat and Feather in Bath in the early 90s. I almost want to say it was bad just because it wasn't my cup of tea, but no, it was awful. The man, however, has made some sort of living by being awful. Seems to be the way of the world these days.
                            "Even nostalgia is not what it used to be"

Comment

Mud and showaddywaddy.Both mimed badly but in muds case you could actually see they did not give a dam about what they were doing. I think the audience only stayed because of cheap rate beer.

Comment

Tom Robinson in 1978, I think - shockingly bad.
                                Chaka Khan at the Birmingham Odeon in 1984 - carried by the backing singers.

Comment

Working...
                                X