the worst band you ever saw live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the worst band you ever saw live

Only seen these few LIVE on TV...... But groups with lead singers who sng bum , off-key notes annoy me so very much ...

Chilli Peppers..... Snow Patrol .... for starters ...

Comment

ARE Weapons! Diabolical! And the singer hit me with a plastic pint glass!
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Remember seeing Deacon Blue in London somewhere - Great !
        and saw the CARDIACS in some dive in central London - Electrifying!!

Comment

...and of course CHIC at the Empire (only ever UK tour?) - went flying in the rain jumping over the chain 'ropes' at St George's Hall
          ...and Imagination, with LEEEEEEEEEEEE ? John...
          the guy in the string vest was cooler than cool

Comment

OOPS was doing BEST ....worst Blondie in GMEX or whatever in manchester....so far away it could have been IDS in a wig

Comment

That would be a band called Limelight who were supporting Saxon - I think it was at the Hammersmith Odeon, and it would have been about 1980. Saxon were awesome, but the support act were dire!
              We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Niggit View Post
                That would be a band called Limelight who were supporting Saxon - I think it was at the Hammersmith Odeon, and it would have been about 1980. Saxon were awesome, but the support act were dire!
                I think I was at that gig too. Wheels of Steel Tour iirc. Limelight, yes LAMElight more like. I think the excuse was they had 'sound difficulties'. Where have we heard that before ?

Comment

Support acts always sounded fairly **** as they had sound difficulties, as the "amps and Mixer desks" were usually set wrong, they had wide tape stuck over the controls ( thas why its called Gaffer tape ) this was done so the main band sounded better as they would remove the tape and reset the sound to how they wanted it.........its an old trick, had it happen many a time to us.....the "big" name calls the shots.

Comment

the worst band you ever saw live

The Chilli Pepper's singer hits loads of bum notes when singing live. sadly ....
                    Last edited by Zincubus; 24-04-2016, 20:29. Reason: ed

Comment

Saw The Stranglers a couple of times in the 80's, I think they deliberately chose rubbish support acts to get the crowd going. One concert I went to, they had a ventriloquist, who was awful, he was throwing handfuls of sweets into the crowd and they were coming back harder and faster.

Comment

I don't think I've never been to a "bad" concert as such, but what I've heard from some people-

Jason Donovan - early 90s when he was still a household name. Apparently "couldn't sing for nuts" No surprise there

By many accounts Led Zeppelin could be pretty bad especially from about 1973 onwards, and in particular '76 onwards. Plant had mostly lost his voice so had to resort to a whiny pitch to get through the gig. Page basically wasted and playing the guitar from drug addled memory.

I've heard some people say that David Bowie could be really boring onstage

Motorhead, not because they were playing badly but they were so loud that it was hard to make out the actual music. I've heard anecdotes of some people literally bleeding from the ears during a show. I like Motorhead as a band, but come on, there has to be a limit on volume!

Many "synth pop" bands from the 80s were described as pretty lame on stage. Mainly because their music is mostly a studio creation.

Comment

Working...
                        X