Thunderbirds are go (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbirds are go (again)

Apperantly, Gerry Anderson wants to make ANOTHER series of Thunderbirds but this time, using CGI.
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Re: Thunderbirds are go (again)

I loved this show when I saw it in the 1970s. I have been amazed at its longevity. My nephew adored it when he was younger in the early 2000s.

Apparently he has already remade Captain Scarlet with CGI and it is reportedly very good. I haven't seen it.

I love the background story to Thunderbirds. Anderson was originally a live action movie maker. He didn't want to do a puppet show so when Lew Grade of ATV asked him to do it he asked for too much money in the hope that Grade would turn him down. He didn't. That is why the special effects were so awesome - they had loads of money at their disposal.

Comment

Look at what the Americans did to Dan Dare.
      Made him younger and American!
      Anybody remember Thunderbirds 2086?
      WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
        Look at what the Americans did to Dan Dare.
        Made him younger and American!
        Anybody remember Thunderbirds 2086?
        looks like something else is going to be ruined.
        thunderbirds 2086 what is it.

what was dan dare wnglish etc.
        but why make him younger.
        i only remember the original thunderbirds which was fantastic.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I did not like captain scarlet if it was a straight comparison with the original pupper series.So if they made a thunderbirds cgi i don't think i would warm to it.Don't mess with a classic!!
          sigpic

Comment

I have seen the Captain Scarlet modern version, and "I do not like it!" Destiny Angel is not as classy, French accent depleted, and does not posess the class and femenine gorgeousness! sorry, but modern CGI Captain Scarlet failed for me..................

I wish Thunderbirds all the best, but.......................

Comment

Originally posted by Techno View Post
              I loved this show when I saw it in the 1970s. I have been amazed at its longevity. My nephew adored it when he was younger in the early 2000s.

Apparently he has already remade Captain Scarlet with CGI and it is reportedly very good. I haven't seen it.

I love the background story to Thunderbirds. Anderson was originally a live action movie maker. He didn't want to do a puppet show...
              The live action film version of Thunderbirds (2004) was pretty dire.
              I have no better hopes for any future versions.

But The original Thunderbirds, and Captain Scarlet, kept goiing strong through the 70's 80's and 90's. Proof that the formula was right.

When Gerry Anderson finally got to direct live action "[real actors] could walk through doors!" the result was UFO. Not bad at all, not bad at all.
              "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                thunderbirds 2086 what is it.
                'Thunderbirds 2086' was a Japanese cartoon version, obviously based on the same rescue concept, but totally unconnected with Gerry Anderson, and the craft themselves were completely different from the originals, and there were 16 or 17 of them. I never saw the cartoon itself, but I did find an annual once.

I can see why Gerry Anderson might believe that a cgi version of 'Thunderbirds' is a good idea, but it will never beat the original.

I've never seen the 2004 Thunderbirds movie, I always think that live action versions of cartoons or puppet animation shows are a bad idea.
                "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by Emettman View Post
                  When Gerry Anderson finally got to direct live action "[real actors] could walk through doors!" the result was UFO. Not bad at all, not bad at all.
                  I preferred Space: 1999. Well, the first series anyway. It was Americanised for the second series and that was terrible.

Comment

It won't be the same if you can't see the strings...:cry:
                    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

On first glance the new CGI Captain Scarlet looked good. Neat, new vehicles and characters that could actually do a bit of action! But the stories were poorly thought out and confusing, the character faces were poor and didn't have an ounce of the character the puppets had and the voices were terrible. I'm afraid I don't hold out much hope for a new Thunderbirds. Gerry Anderson might not have liked the TB film (and it was pretty poor) but nothing he's done since Space 1999 has been up to much, either.

Comment

Sorry but Thunderbirds = Supermarionation, it's got to be that way.
                        The puppets the sets the models all brilliant.
                        CGI....hmmmm no thanks.

Anyway don't need new Thunderbirds, just bought the 9 disc complete box set from Amazon for £15.99!!!
                        That's a bargain if ever I saw one.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ufo has aged well space 1999 seems more dated.I liked both as a kid.There was talks to make a sequel to ufo but it all fell through.The second series of space 1999 went daft.I think when you produce a winner sometimes it's best to leave well alone as sequels can be a gamble.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by memoman View Post
                            Ufo has aged well space 1999 seems more dated.I liked both as a kid.There was talks to make a sequel to ufo but it all fell through.The second series of space 1999 went daft.I think when you produce a winner sometimes it's best to leave well alone as sequels can be a gamble.
                            You try telling that to the idiots in Hollywood who decide to remake or update all these old films that should be left alone.
                            A lot of big franchises're popular but after the third film they go flat. Look at the Aliens, Predator, Friday 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street films.
                            It wouldn't surprise me if somebody started working on a remake of JAWS.
                            WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Well another famous puppet series was remade as computer animated and did not work.
                              That was The Magic Roundabout.
                              If it ain't broke.....
                              sigpic
                              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
                              X