Listening to an Album All the Way Through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Listening to an Album All the Way Through

sort of following on ( or back ) from n3llyo, whichever way you look at it, but Marillions album.... Misplaced childhood is one i listen too without skipping.

my favorite all time live album is Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel.... Face to Face, an absolutly brilliant lp and one i never skip through

there are others like Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds, Tubeway armys Replicas, ELOs Out Of The Blue and Eldorado, and Bruce Springsteens The River.
    WHO'S THE TART?

Comment

I'm currently revisiting my early Madness albums. I can happily listen to any of their first 4 studio albums all the way through. I'll also throw Dare into the mix.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Madness's last offering, 'The Liberty of Norton Folgate' is a good modern example, too.

Comment

it has been a long time since a album has gripped me enough to listen to it all the way through in order maybe i am getting old but the only albums i still listen to ALL THE WAY through in order are

PINK FLOYD-DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
          UFO-OBSESSION
          RAINBOW-RISING
          AC/DC-POWERAGE...{A VERY VERY UNDERATED ALBUM}
          BOSTON-BOSTON
          LED ZEPPELIN-4
          THE BEATLES-THE WHITE ALBUM
          ALICE COOPER-BILLION DOLLAR BABIES

Comment

A lot of old rock needs to be listened to in its whole. I think listening to stuff that was intended to be listened to as a whole album such as Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin have a particular flavour and musical consistency that flows from track to track.

Not many people tend to make albums like that now, I think the last big one that comes into my mind was Discovery by Daft Punk. The music videos they made for the opening few songs all followed on too.

You can click HERE and hopefully the play list will work for you. Should be 4 songs.

Comment

Never, ever, listen to a cd all the way through.

Comment

I always listened to albums all the way through. I have an MP3 player in my workshop, connected to some
                old pc speakers. I did try putting it on random, it was good, but it started playing something and I wanted to
                hear the next track, a Donovan album if I remember rightly, so I put it to play them all in order.

Comment

war of the worlds just has to be listened to all the way through as does rick wwakemans journey to the centre of the earth both classics

Comment

Working...
                  X